This is my first time.......WSM's Gone Wild - Pulled Pork, ABT's, and Dutch's Beans - Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice way to pop the cherry on the WSM.....never woulda thunk of habanero ABT's....I admire your guts on that one. You mentioned fitting on a bunch of chow for the gathering....brought to mind The Dude Abides trial of rolling his ribs & standing them up to fit more on the grill, might work for you

Thanks Chef Willie, I might have to try that. So far I am thinking of doing 4 butts on the bottom and several rounds of ABT's on the top while keeping them warm in the oven. I know I have to make ABT's because people would kill me if I didn't and I figure lots of pulled pork will feed an army along with burgers and dogs on the grill, 5-10 gallons of chili on my propane stove and normal sides of slaw, tater salad, etc. You know what, I'll start another post for the party planning.

Thanks Chef Willie, I might have to try that. So far I am thinking of doing 4 butts on the bottom and several rounds of ABT's on the top while keeping them warm in the oven. I know I have to make ABT's because people would kill me if I didn't and I figure lots of pulled pork will feed an army along with burgers and dogs on the grill, 5-10 gallons of chili on my propane stove and normal sides of slaw, tater salad, etc. You know what, I'll start another post for the party planning.
Twig, Last time I smoked some butts and I needed more space on a 22.5" WSM. I stood the butts on the bone side rather than flat, it worked real well. When I do that again I'll put something between them so they do not touch when they start falling over. If ya look at my last thread on that subject then you will see how I did it. Not sure how I give you the link?

Thanks rp RibKing, I checked out your thread and that's a great idea. I think I will stick with the butts and put them on the side like you did.

Looks like a great first smoke on the WSM
bravo.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky