This is for the dogs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
West Liberty, Iowa
Our Church’s youth Sunday school teacher has a field trip to the local veterinary hospital planned for her class this week.

In preparation for the field trip her class made dog biscuits from a recipe she got online from http://www.dltk-bible.com/recipes/dogbiscuits.htm .

Since I am currently off work, unable to do much, and extremely bored I thought I’d try making a batch myself.

DLTK's Bible Activities for Kids
Nice Spice Dog Biscuits

Thanks to Cathy for sending this in!

(It's really for dogs, not kids...)

May sound crazy but we just finished Noah and we actually made dog biscuits in the kitchen workshop. We donated them to a local stray shelter. Mission and fun. The kids loved it. 
  1. 1 1/2 cup         unbleached all purpose flour
  2. 1 1/2 cup         whole wheat flour
  3. 1/2 cup            cornmeal
  4. 2 Tbsp             nonfat dry milk
  5. 1tsp                  cinnamon
  6. 1 tsp                  nutmeg
  7. 1 1/2 tsp           allspice
  8. 1                        egg
  9. 1 to 1 1/4 cup   water
Preheat oven to 350F. 

Stir all dry ingredients together. Add egg and then slowly stir in water with wooden spoon.  Dough needs to be stiff. 

Knead until smooth texture. Roll out 1/4 inch thick (helps if top and bottom are floured) and cut out with bone cookie cutters you can get at the pet shop. Some kids liked cutting their own shape with a butter knife instead of using a cookie cutter.   

Lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 45min-1hr. 

Turn the oven off and then leave them overnight to let harden. Store in plastic ziploc bags.

The whole process was quite easy.

I was unable to locate a cookie cutter so I used a small can to make the biscuits.

The recipe made 2 ½ dozen cookies and I made a couple of twists with the leftovers.

My wife came in shortly after I took them out of the oven to cool (I did not leave them in the oven over night), she really thought they smelled great.

To add insult to my injury she told me she preferred the smell of the dog biscuits to the smell of all that smoking I’d been doing.

Now that’s really for the dogs!

e00b94e2_DogBiscuits.jpg

Arnie---That was really a low cut!

2 solutions:

#1   next time smoke the Dog Cookies.

#2   Tell her you'll make them more often, like every time you smoke something for yourself, you can cook up a batch of Dog Cookies for her.

Sound Fair ???

Bear

Doesn't sound like a problem to me...... she can have dog biscuts for dinner, leaving more smoked goodies for you!
biggrin.gif

my girlfriend made some peanutbutter dog biscuits for the pooch.............i ate most of them.

Nice perspective! I can’t believe I overlooked that one!   
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Quote:
Arnie---That was really a low cut!

2 solutions:

#1   next time smoke the Dog Cookies.

#2   Tell her you'll make them more often, like every time you smoke something for yourself, you can cook up a batch of Dog Cookies for her.

Sound Fair ???

Bear
Quote:
Doesn't sound like a problem to me...... she can have dog biscuts for dinner, leaving more smoked goodies for you!
biggrin.gif

icon_cool.gif

Your biscuits look and sound pretty good and my very spoiled dog would really like them I'm sure. Now for the chef rob I always thought that was a picture of your best friend now I'm thinking it's a self portrait.......HE HE  LOL DOG BISTUITS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky