That is a great looking cutting/ dough rolling board.
I'd love one, but shipping alone would kill the cost of having Steve build me one. I have a friend that builds custom cabinets, I'm gonna have to talk him into saving me his cut-offs to build a nice end grain board of that size. Back when I had access to a wood shop, I used to make cutting boards for family as Christmas gifts. Everyone in my family still uses the boards that I made them, when I had shop in high school.
(many yrs ago).
I need to sign up for a night school class, oddly enough they hold the classes in my old high school shop class room.
Nice craftsmanship Steve, if I start making boards again, I'm gonna steal your adjustable legs idea. Where did you find the legs, and do they come with the threaded female inserts?
The last boards my buddy made were end grain cherry boards, after he glued them up, and finished the surfaces he soaked them completely submerged over night in mineral oil, then buffed them with a cotton buffing wheel. Talk about a nice finish, I didn't even want to cut on it, it was so nice.
I still use it daily. It is 2'' thick I sand out the cut marks once a yr, and it will still last me a lifetime, and will be handed down to someone in my family when I'm gone. that is the beauty of these wooden cutting boards they will out live all of us, and will stay in the family forever.
They should be called "Forever Boards" You can steal the name if you'd like Steve. LOL!!!
Here is the cherry board that I use daily.