Thinking about getting a 30" MES got a few ?s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeshowingbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 5, 2016
New Jersey (Gloucester County)
Was thinking about getting a 30" MES that I would like to smoke with pellets. Anyone got any recommendations on how to use pellets in such. Is it better to go with the analog or the digital version.  I have a 18.5 WSM already as well as a 22.5 Weber Master touch kettle and a weber propane grill. Im looking to go to electric for smaller cooks every day meals etc.  I'd rather smoke with pellets then chips. Also how long on average is the warm up period to get smoke on a MES using pellets ? Thanks in advance.

In order to use pellets in a MES, you need either an amnps or an amnts from Todd at amaznproducts.com. I have one of each and both work great. It is not recommended to put pellets in the tray of a mes.

Smoke it up
William

I second what William "hmrhead1971" said. I've been using both a MES 30 Gen 1 and wood pellets in my AMNPS for over 3 years now. Consistently great results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky