Thinking about a Rec Tec 680 and I have a few questions?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bfoleyiii

Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Thinking about getting a RT-680 and have a few questions for those of you that have one:

1:How many full packer briskets you can get on the main grate. Can you fit two on there comfortably, tight fit, or not gonna happen.
2: How many pork shoulders/butts?
3: How well does it work for grilling? Burgers, chicken, steaks, etc.
4: When grilling what kind of warm up time would I expect?

Currently I have an electric smoker that was gifted to me that we don't use very often, a WSM 18.5 that gets used a few times a month but is smaller than I would like when I'm cooking for family gatherings or church functions. And then a gas grill that handles the burgers, steaks, and chicken through the week.

Thanks
Bob

I have the 680.
1. You should be able to fit 2 packers no problem. I've only smoked one at a time but there was plenty of room. Heck, maybe even 3 would fit.
2. I've only smoked 2 at a time. Seems like you could fit at least 6.
3. I haven't touched my Weber gasser since getting the 680. But I did get Grill Grates for grilling. It's not quite as good for grilling as a regular grill but it's damn close with Grill Grates. You will get more flavor than gas.
4. Warm up will depend on outdoor temp. In warm weather 15-20 minutes. Colder weather will likely be 30 min.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky