Think about it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I was an apprentice the grocery stores would carry little tins of whale meat like the ones anchovy and sardines come in, I liked them. Then there was "Save the Whales" , no more whale meat. Now there are so many whales they are getting caught up in the ropes that hold down the traps for Dungeness crab fishermen, no crab fishing off the Pacific coast, I love Dungees, make the best seafood ravioli on the planet. I bet a pig brain/whale meat omelet would make a pretty nice breakfast! RAY

My maternal grandfather's favorite breakfast "meat" was fried brains.
I have no idea where Grandma got them....

My GGM would cook pork brains and scrambled eggs for breakfast OFTEN when I was little, so I've eaten my fair share...don't remember what they taste like, but I remember eating them.

IIRC, the brand was Armor and it said "pork brains in milk" on the label.

ETA - after someone posted a pic of the can, it wasn't Armor, but Rose (it's been a WHILE!!!).

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Anyone in particular you have in mind, Chop???
Well , it's not the dog . She sleeps with one eye open so she doesn't miss anything .
1670535400367.jpeg

When I was an apprentice the grocery stores would carry little tins of whale meat like the ones anchovy and sardines come in, I liked them. Then there was "Save the Whales" , no more whale meat. Now there are so many whales they are getting caught up in the ropes that hold down the traps for Dungeness crab fishermen, no crab fishing off the Pacific coast, I love Dungees, make the best seafood ravioli on the planet. I bet a pig brain/whale meat omelet would make a pretty nice breakfast! RAY
You're spot on about Dungeness crabs being good, Ray. I far prefer them to lobster any old day. Come to think of it, I don't like lobster, too dry. Crab Rangoon, old Trader Vic recipe, yum! A few years back my husband's best friend was pleading with acquaintances to take some of the crab he'd pulled out of his pots, just off his waterfront home; wish I had some now.

So bubba cave man is following this chicken because he wants to eat it. He sees it crap out an egg and decides to pick it up and eat it instead .........

Used to live in Evansville Indiana about 40 years ago.
Brain sandwiches were on many menus of local restaurants.
Never could get up the courage to try one.

Throughout western Kentucky you would often find burgoo on the menu especially the plate lunch special. They served it at an open house for a distributer. It was really good. I asked what was in it and the reply was "Do you really want to know?" I left it at that and had another bowl.

Funny they aren't even changing the name to something less anatomical like sweetbread or something like they normally do. Had "hasesenpfeffer" for years before anyone told it was rabbit. I got a little Zimmern in me and could at least try it. Dad taught me to eat with my mouth not my eyes. When my kids were younger we always had people come up to us and commend us how well they ate. "My grandkids only eat McNuggets or hotdogs" as my 5YO is eating seafood/asparagus/etc.

I actually do think about the time someone threw a dead animal that washed up ashore on a fire and ends up eating it. It is my understanding that is the origin of BBQ.

FYI If you look into mushrooms and go down that rabbit hole you be red pilled. Some SERIOUSLY fascinating stuff.

Used to live in Evansville Indiana about 40 years ago.
Brain sandwiches were on many menus of local restaurants.
Never could get up the courage to try one.

Throughout western Kentucky you would often find burgoo on the menu especially the plate lunch special. They served it at an open house for a distributer. It was really good. I asked what was in it and the reply was "Do you really want to know?" I left it at that and had another bowl.
Visited some friends in Owensboro a few months back and they got mutton and burgoo for us....... wasn't a fan of either lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky