Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Bill, They were tender and juicey... The alalbama white sauce really went well with the chicken..

Joe

Hey Up in Smoke, I know, I'm such a tease.. :) In the middle of the plate is the alabama white sauce ..

Joe

The sweet tater, did this spend anytime on the smoke grates....

The chicken is looking GOOD ! ! ! ! ! The one weakness I have in my BBQ arsenal is Chicken! I have tried everybody's technique, and it only gets good, not great.

Why? Because they took the other pieces first? :D

No, I have always liked the thighs. The breast is my least favorite cut. Don't know why, that's just the way it is :D

Another variation on the double cook method (not to steal these thigh's thunder, cuz they look awesome!) is smoke for 2 hours, roll in flour, then drop into the fryer.

smoked fried chicken is pretty good too.

Now, let;s get back to these thighs.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

Sounds good Bill, I'll try that next time .. I usually roll the chicken in pancake flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a bunch of other spices ..

Joe

I'm the same way Doug.. I think the thighs and dark meat have the most flavor.

That's similar to the chicken I cooked this 4th of July:

brined, smoked, then grilled to crisp the skin, but I used a Hawaiian style sauce to baste it with while grilling.

It's a little more work firing up the extra equipment (my smoker doesn't double as a grill) but it makes for some fantastic chicken. :D Thanks for sharing pictures of that wonderful meal!

Thighs are my favorite piece to.

I am a thigh man what can I say. I had to use my grill to get the skin crispy also.. but the deep frying sounds interesting. I love good frid chicken.

Joe

Good lookin' chicken Joe. I saw Bob make that Alabama white sauce on the Food Network, and it looked kinda thin. The thin look turned me off to making it. Yours looks thick and I think I'll give it a shot with a good smoke. Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky