They got me good today...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 7, 2017
Flint, Michigan
As much as I complain about not being able to find good meat in my area of Michigan, one of the benefits I suppose is that I work 10 minutes from Butcher and Packer.

Popped in there today finally. They got me good. 132 bucks worth of good :-) this is a catalog I did NOT need in my life!

20190320_144201.jpg

So needless to say, you'll be seeing some threads soon enough with dumb sausage making questions from me. I decided to finally take the plunge and do something with the 80 or so lbs of pork butts in my freezer. Wish me luck.

I'm just going to start off with some simple fresh sausage stuff to get a hang of using the equipment. Then onto greater aspirations hopefully. Lord knows I have the seasonings!

Reactions: JC in GB
For fresh sausage I bought a southern sausage blend and a chorizo. Also picked up some jerky and snack stick stuff for future sessions.

Going to take it one project at a time though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky