Thermoworks Smoke Fix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matthewstultz

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 9, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
I recently upgraded my home to a mesh network that is supposed to supply dual-band signals. Unfortunately, the Thermoworks Smoke couldn't find the 2.4ghz signal. It was really frustrating considering how much the gateway costs to let you access your cook temps via smartphone no matter where you are. So I found this little guy on Amazon and for yet more money into this system, it finally is secure and works great. So if you are having a similar problem, just get a repeater for your router that only can broadcast in 2.4 and you'll be good to go. Just thought I could save someone some time and energy with this fix.

Cool!
We have Comcast & they will give you one of those if you need it. But so far the network signal has been strong enough to reach out into our backyard.
Al

That's good info to know, unfortunately the signal still won't be strong enough for my rotary phone to pick up. :)

Chris

Reactions: Ben58
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky