Thermometer probe storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just use a plastic bag for each probe. I use wooden clothes pins to secure probe to grate. The pins are great for keeping wires out of harms way. Then I roll up the probe and clip it to secure. I always have a ziploc bag in the case to protect transmitter from rain
I got a few of those last year and they work great.

Now WHY didn't I think of that!!!

I've got about a gazillion clothespins that I no longer use. :emoji_face_palm::emoji_face_palm:

My method is probably the strangest:
I keep mine in my Corner Gun Cabinet, in my Living Room.
I put the units (transmitters & receivers) on the barrel rest, and slide the probes into the barrel ends of a couple of old Double Barrel Shotguns I have in there. Then the cable just hangs straight down along the outside of the barrels, nice & neat.

Bear
probes i haven't used yet live in my gun safe as well... draped over the hangers on the door. ones i use often hang through a handle hole on the back of a wooden chair in the kitchen.

If I ever get sufficiently annoyed (or organized?), I was figuring on slicing a few inches off the end of a foam pool noodle for each probe and using that. Maybe add a vertical slice, like a DIY fishing terminal kit holder.

I only use my insta read probe, but when I did use the cable type I hung them in the garage on the peg board.

Chirs

probes i haven't used yet live in my gun safe as well... draped over the hangers on the door. ones i use often hang through a handle hole on the back of a wooden chair in the kitchen.
You obviously don't have indoor cats...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky