Thermometer probe storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just use a plastic bag for each probe. I use wooden clothes pins to secure probe to grate. The pins are great for keeping wires out of harms way. Then I roll up the probe and clip it to secure. I always have a ziploc bag in the case to protect transmitter from rain
I got a few of those last year and they work great.

Now WHY didn't I think of that!!!

I've got about a gazillion clothespins that I no longer use. :emoji_face_palm::emoji_face_palm:

My method is probably the strangest:
I keep mine in my Corner Gun Cabinet, in my Living Room.
I put the units (transmitters & receivers) on the barrel rest, and slide the probes into the barrel ends of a couple of old Double Barrel Shotguns I have in there. Then the cable just hangs straight down along the outside of the barrels, nice & neat.

Bear
probes i haven't used yet live in my gun safe as well... draped over the hangers on the door. ones i use often hang through a handle hole on the back of a wooden chair in the kitchen.

If I ever get sufficiently annoyed (or organized?), I was figuring on slicing a few inches off the end of a foam pool noodle for each probe and using that. Maybe add a vertical slice, like a DIY fishing terminal kit holder.

I only use my insta read probe, but when I did use the cable type I hung them in the garage on the peg board.

Chirs

probes i haven't used yet live in my gun safe as well... draped over the hangers on the door. ones i use often hang through a handle hole on the back of a wooden chair in the kitchen.
You obviously don't have indoor cats...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky