The Weber 28” griddle arrived!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking griddle and first cook!! Check out Todd Toven and CJ's First Cooking Show on YouTube for some good tips and recipes for griddles. CJ has a pizza slider on Kings Hawaiian rolls that I am gonna try once the weather clears.

Enjoy your new toy.

Reactions: chp
I've seen a video or two about this new Weber flat top, and looks like a solid unit. Don't you just love the feeling you get when you get a new cooker.

Nice cook and Happy Birthday!

Dave

Wow, that looks really nice!! I bought the Blackstone 22” for when we go camping but may look into this for the house!

Wow, that looks really nice!! I bought the Blackstone 22” for when we go camping but may look into this for the house!
Not too take anything away from the Weber and I have no idea what it goes for buttt.... Walmart still is selling the Blackstone 36" with hard cover for $279. That is a steal for a great, solid unit.

Not too take anything away from the Weber and I have no idea what it goes for buttt.... Walmart still is selling the Blackstone 36" with hard cover for $279. That is a steal for a great, solid unit.

I did look at both units and chose the Weber. Cost is just one aspect. I would suggest you do your own research. I am not saying anything bad about Blackstone griddles, but I would not support running to Walmart, for anything….

I did look at both units and chose the Weber. Cost is just one aspect. I would suggest you do your own research. I am not saying anything bad about Blackstone griddles, but I would not support running to Walmart, for anything….
Not disagreeing with you, I have both a camp chef griddle and a Blackstone and the Blackstone wins hands down. When I purchased either of them the Weber griddle was not even a rumor. If looking today it certainly would be in the mix of options.

Awesome gift... and the first meal looks incredible...

bacon is the best way to season a flat top

Sorry Chopsaw... but this is not true... You DO NOT want to season a new/refurbished griddle (or anything else) with bacon... The salt and cure in bacon is not good for a seasoning....
Always use oil/fat for the initial seasoning of a griddle...

The first minute or so of this video will explain

Last edited:
OP any updates? I watched like 4 YT videos on this and it looks to just about the best griddles out there when it comes to heat distribution and the ability to actually cook at a reasonably low temp on low. I was looking at the Halo, but it gets to 450-500f on low, which is insane. And it seems most of the other griddles are also too hot on low. I'd rather not have to put food on while it's still heating to avoid it being too hot.

But I haven't actually spoken to anyone who has one so I thought I'd ask for a 7 month update.

My lovely bride purchased a 28” Weber griddle for me for my birthday. I’m a lucky man! I thought I would share the assembly, seasoning, and initial cook.
View attachment 660429

It arrived without damage and was packaged very nicely. The assembly instructions were clear picture based step by steps.
View attachment 660430

View attachment 660431

View attachment 660432

View attachment 660433

Once assembled, there were clear basic instructions on seasoning the flat top. The instructions were generic enough to let you choose the oil of your liking and since there are several threads about those details…I will skip that part. It was a three step process of coat, heat, burn off, cool, and repeat.
View attachment 660434
Temperatures during this process measured in the 500s F.

View attachment 660436
The weather didn’t cooperate and temperatures were in the 30s with wind, so I tucked it in for the first cook. Please don’t worry, I normally don’t operate anything this close to the house.
Anyway, I had to do bacon as the first thing my flat top ever cooked!
View attachment 660437
Then I grilled up some veggies, and cooked some eggs and pancakes.

View attachment 660438
I am VERY happy with the Weber flat top and look forward to cooking with it! I will update as I get more experience with it.
nice looking appliance!

OP any updates? I watched like 4 YT videos on this and it looks to just about the best griddles out there when it comes to heat distribution and the ability to actually cook at a reasonably low temp on low. I was looking at the Halo, but it gets to 450-500f on low, which is insane. And it seems most of the other griddles are also too hot on low. I'd rather not have to put food on while it's still heating to avoid it being too hot.

But I haven't actually spoken to anyone who has one so I thought I'd ask for a 7 month update.
I have the 36 and really like it. It is not at my house so I don't use it as often as I'd like. The front grease trap and tray is handy. Also like that it has a cover. I'm a fan.

Reactions: Bigheaded
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky