The top three?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbilly jim

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Floyd, VA
Late last summer, we had a wood stove installed. A friend brought me a dump truck load of split & seasoned red oak, maple and hickory. I've still got an estimated full size pick-up truck load of it in a stack rack and covered with a tarp.

I split a few pieces down to three to four inches in size, cut sections of each about two inches thick on the band saw and then quartered the sections with a hatchet. Starting with a bed of charcoal, I can add these pieces one at a time and get a nice smoke going.

I'll be getting another dump truck load about the first of October, so there's no way I'm going to run out.

You can always send some my way   Hint hint hint

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky