The Secret Ingredient

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
Since I couldn't make the N Fl gathering this year, I decided to throw my own cajun night with some red beans and rice. My secret ingredient is blood and I highly recommend not following my lead.

I was cutting up an onion when the outer skin slipped and instead of dicing onion, I diced my left index finger tip.

Ever wonder what a smurf wearing a condom would look like? My wife was not fooled.

What it looks like today.

It was totally worth it though. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Been there but mine took 3 stitches to close. Pretty nasty cut but the Beans look good...JJ 

OUCH!!!!  That looks like it hurt bunches! So glad you didn't take the entire tip off!

Bless you heart....(that that is a real Bless)

Kat

Thanks all! The red beans and rice turned out pretty well despite my attempts to sabotage it. :biggrin:

That knife was very sharp Dave. :devil:

did that same thing . 1 year later that spot is still tender

hhhmmmm... you didn't have enough meat to put in the concoction ? somehow i don't think one fingertip would have been enough... so lets not try to change the recipe next time... eh ...

beans and rice look great...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky