The Salmon are in ( full limit )

Discussion in 'Fish' started by mike johnson, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mike johnson

mike johnson Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Went fishing in the Puyallup River here in Wa. and slayed them. I limited out in under 2 hours. I love this time of year. Now all I have to do is decide how to cook them.

2. Lucky you!!! Nice fish.

3. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wish I had gone.  I love to fish!  Those look wonderful!

Kat

4. mike johnson

thanks. These are PINK Salmon. They run the rivers here every other year. They pressure can up very nicely.I should catch enough in the next 3 weeks to last the next 2 years

5. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Good Mike! The Salmon season on the Oregon coast has been really good this year too, with lots of Coho and Chinook being caught. Wish I could have made it down to get some!

6. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sorry, but compared to what the wife has been catching recently, those look like bait. JK. Bet they are tasty though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  7. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

Sweet! It's a great time of year!! Get out and fish and smoke! I can't compare in size with all of you but I wouldn't trade a bit with my little brookies! [​IMG]

8. mike johnson

Id trade a day of fishing for some brookies like that. I haven't caught those since I was a kid fishing with my grandpa.

9. ferd66

ferd66 Fire Starter

The King Salmon run is about to ramp up here in Michigan.  They've caught a few nice ones in the 28-30lb class so far.  Hopefully I'll get to stock up the freezer.

10. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Welp.. can't say that we'll ever catch any salmon here... but Snook season opens here in Sept... been closed for 3 years... 1 per day... 27"-32" keeper slot size... all of y'alls are looking tasty...

11. If you run out of room, I have a big freezer and would be happy to help out by providing a good home to your excess Salmon catch! [​IMG]

12. ats32

ats32 Smoking Fanatic

I'm hoping to do some salmon fishing myself soon. Probably Ludington area.

13. ferd66

ferd66 Fire Starter

Cool.  I'll be hitting the Manistee area 1st weekend in September and the big lake and river in Muskegon the rest of the time.  Good Luck

14. mike johnson

Another limit this morning. Ill be smoking these and then pressure canning them. New thread to follow.

[​IMG]

15. I miss the Washington Coast-Ocean Shores

(sniff, tears in eyes)

16. mike johnson

Third limit. Just under 1 hour on the River :) ... Smallest was 22 in.

[​IMG]

17. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If I didn't have to work, I'd drag my camper up there and have you show me how to do it! I'm a great ocean fisherman but my river skills suck!

18. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I am so jealous. That looks like a lot of good eating.

Disco

19. mike johnson

day 4 :)

[​IMG]