The Plateau

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bookmarked the link,  fascinating article for anyone interested in the science behind cooking food.  Basically says the stall is caused by evaporative cooling.  Need to finish reading it a bit later but I recommend everyone take a quick look.

Good find,  thanks for posting!

Defiantly an interesting article. Of course now I'll need to retract any "knowledge" I've given to others...

Wonder how much fuel this is going to add to the foil vs. no-foil debate...
hockeyeurbaston.gif

OP, thank you for posting! In my opinion, this is an excellent article with proper data to back up the claims made about the reason for the stall. Personally, I have never wrapped anything with foil, but after reading this article, I will certainly give foiling an opportunity. Only then will I be able to decide for myself if this theory "holds any water". (<---pardon the pun!
biggrin.gif
)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky