THE PERFECT STAND/TABLE FOR MY MES30" HOMEBUILT" with Q-VIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tennsmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Clarksville, Tn
I have had enough of being on my knees & standing on my head just to get my MES30 going.

As you know, most of the meat prep takes place on the bottom, AMNS or AMNPS or AMNTS, woodchips, etc.

The dim's are 22" deep X 21" wide X 22" high. I plan on painting it oil base black semigloss that way it matches the MES. It cost a total of $6 for the top plywood 15/32" x2' x2', the rest were all scrap wood laying around.

Well, what do you think?

I had an old propane grill that I took the lower half of the grill off the frame , and I bolted a shelving board to the top of the frame and attatched my MES to that . The old frame has wheels so I can just wheel it around when I want to . I did it with another frame just to make a roll around table for out in my pole barn . I just couldn't stand to take the frame to the dump . Buying replacement parts to fix the old grills doesn't make much sense because I'm just talking about the $80 or so propane grills . That was years ago . My buddy teased me one day because they looked so "cheap" , but I'm not one to try to impress people , if it works the way I want it to , it's usually good enough for me .

The only problem I see with yours is my unit seems to seep out resiny (sp???)  liquid near the rear , but it doesn't appear to be from the drain spout in back , and then in front on the tabletop mine is pretty messy from basting , misting ,loading meat etc. . On my tabletop I put some galvanized sheet metal and fastened it to the top so that the mes sits on the sheet metal , and the chip loader side is also protected on that side of the tabletop and then about 6 inches or so on the other side of the tabletop (beyond the body of the mes ) . I did it not only to keep that coating thats on the shelving board from getting all screwed up from moisture , but I was also thinking of the very slight chance that somehow a hot woodchip might get out of the smoker it would fall on sheet metal instead of the bare shelving and I also wasn't sure how hot the bottom of the mes got so I figured the metal would make a good heat shield.

Well, I guess the only answer to to that would be is,  we have to use whatever is available at the time to make our equipment fit our needs. You did it by using an old propane grill & I did it by using scraps around my place.

I will take your suggestion about the "galvanized sheet metal" sounds goods.

Thanks JSDPIF,

Al

Looks like a great job...JJ

To quote ... Johnny Castle ( dirty Dancing ) " No one puts Baby in a corner"

Looks good nice and simple .. I built a full shelter for mine and raised it also .. I have cold winters and usually quite a lot of wind ...

Need to paint it black .. So it looks like factory .. :-)

Ross

Ya See....that's what I love about this site.  My back is messed up but I will bend down numerous times because I like what comes out of that little smoke box.  DUH!!!  
hit.gif

By the way....nice job!

Thanks,

for those reply's to my simple/not so simple stand!!

I say simple because it looks like just another table to set something on, in this case my favorite smoker "MES30".

Then I say not so simple because if you look a little closer you will see that the legs are at an angle "6 deg to be exact", that wasn't easy to accomplish because of the square end, (hard to hold at the correct angle on the table saw!!)  The inside braces are on a compound angle, 6 deg plus 45 deg. Oh well so much for my little table that I enjoyed building.

al

Now that's a great idea to have everything you need to smoke with at your finger tips, I guess i''ll be working on something similar for me,

Thanks for the Q-View

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky