The Other White Meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
The other day I did a post Something Plain and Simple. It was done with pork tender lion ( a couple weeks before I did it with pork chops)So I thought this would be great on chicken Too. So here goes.

The line up

IMG_0847.jpg

The dry marinade mixed.

IMG_0848.jpg

The boneless skinless chicken breast. These things were huge.

IMG_0849.jpg

Rubbed and in zip bag and in the fridge for couple hours.

IMG_0850.jpg

Mistake made I cut them to thick Should have been thinner.

IMG_0851.jpg

Finished
They were to thick and started to get dry before IT was safe. Lesson learned but they were still very tasty.
Sorry no plated view.
Thanks for looking.

Warren

Looks real tasty Warren. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good to me. Hard to get them breast right when they are thick like that. But when you do.....Oh man!
Jim

Looks Great, from the Den, Warren!!
Hard to figure those Big Breasts!
Next time they'll be perfect!!
Like.

Bear

If you have a SV circulator, it makes the best boneless skinless chicken breasts I have ever had. Add seasonings, & SV at 132 for 3 hours. We like Montreal chicken seasoning, butter & lemon slices in the bag. You can also put a bunch of fresh herbs in there. Judy always comes in with a bundle of them from our herb garden.
Al

Looks great Warren. I always end up overcooking those thick ones. We splitting them before cooking, or using tenderloins. My wife likes to make Chicken Parm, and for that she only uses "Thin" labeled Breasts. Much easier to cook, etc. Those are too thin for the grill, but for anything in the oven or fried, they're just right.
Thanks for sharing.

Looks great Warren. I always end up overcooking those thick ones. We splitting them before cooking, or using tenderloins. My wife likes to make Chicken Parm, and for that she only uses "Thin" labeled Breasts. Much easier to cook, etc. Those are too thin for the grill, but for anything in the oven or fried, they're just right.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

We bought a 40lb box from local butcher and they are huge.

Warren

They looked good!

I get really big boneless skinless breast down the street and when I grill em I just cut them into thinner trips and season and grill and they are never dry.
If i want to do whole breast i always brine them at least 12 hours and the same with whole birds.

Live and learn :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky