The old Maverick died.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
It was one of the 1st. extra thing I bought after buying my PB820D. Worked pretty good with my pit out in the garage, 35 paces from the house. But got tired of the alarm not working. And to make thing even worse the darn barn cats ate the end off one of the probes. I don't need anything fancy since I only do one or two pieces of meat at a time being empty nesters. After following an ad-link I settled for a Therm-Pro 20, that's all I need. Really like the knurling on the meat probes. Spent yesterday playing with it and found out that there a plus 12-15* difference in grill temp from left to right in my 32" barrel. The alarms are good and loud BUT the advertised 300ft range is only good for line-of-sight. Over all it's going to do everything I need it to do. FYI.

I love my ThermPro 20! It allows me to sit and watch TV inside while keeping a sharp eye out on the temp of my offset so I know when to add another split of wood. I also found a big difference from the left to right side of my grill, almost 20º. I followed a tip from Smokin' Al and filled a old bread pan with water and placed it on the side of the grill nearest the firebox, now they are within 5º. RAY

Reactions: martin1950
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky