The Obi Wans struck again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just bought some sheep's casing for sticks.

Thanks Ryan.

Thanks! I was thinking about mounting it to a board, and your advice confirmed I need to do just that.
A lot of folks just clamp it down as is and it's fine. I just prefer having it raised up a little. Gives me better control on my fill. I used it some before I mounted it to the board and made some good sausages that way too. I just find that having it raised up a little makes it easier for me.

I have the board, and the screws to do that. It's going to be a Saturday project because dang work keeps getting in the way.

Nice really nice.
I have my father-in-laws cast iron beast and it came with a wood base. As Doug I like the tube elevated a bit and it makes it nice to clamp to the countertop. I use Irwin quick clamps for the padded jaws.

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
Nah, you'll do fine. It seems a little intimidating at first, at least it for me, but it really doesn't take long to get the hang of it.
It's going to be fun learning to use this thing. Hopefully easier than the Jerky Cannon I've been using.
Nice really nice.
I have my father-in-laws cast iron beast and it came with a wood base. As Doug I like the tube elevated a bit and it makes it nice to clamp to the countertop. I use Irwin quick clamps for the padded jaws.
Thanks John. I actually have several of those clamps.

Mounting to a board wasn't an option for me, since my counter doesn't have enough of an overhang to clamp to. I was also worried about breaking the stone.

These suction cups work great though:

That is a heck of an idea. I think I'm going to try those. Thanks for the tip!

Mounting to a board wasn't an option for me, since my counter doesn't have enough of an overhang to clamp to. I was also worried about breaking the stone.

These suction cups work great though:

I got mine from Weston years ago for the stuffer for pretty much the same reasons.
Love 'em...

Yep. Fed-ex just dropped off this beauty last night. Can't wait to use it this weekend.

View attachment 654066
Nice purchase! Almost all of the 1,2, 3 star reviews are because base is flimsy making side bars bend when cranking. As others above said, I would mount that on a board to add stiffness, ease mounting w clamps on counter, and avoid most complaints. Those rubber suction cups are great, but not directly to this particular stuffer, too flimsy... add board, mount suction cups to board if you desire them.

Hope you love it, great tool!

Thanks Dave. I appreciate the advice on the board to reinforce the base, along with the suction cups.

If/when you mount it on a board, spring for stainless steel fasteners. They are more expensive, but worth it for this application.

If/when you mount it on a board, spring for stainless steel fasteners. They are more expensive, but worth it for this application.
I actually have some laying around somewhere in my garage. Now to find where that somewhere is! HA!

Reactions: DougE
Very nice Dave

I mounted to a board like Doug DougE DougE mentioned. That way my large tray slips right under the horn so most of
the mess, water stays in/on tray . And the sausages slid around on the wet top better also.

David
All that, and it lets you get your hand around the horn easier. For me it does, anyhow. For me, the horn is too close to the work surface to control the fill very well without the block.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky