THE NEWS LETTER RUM INJECTED HAM ......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tsizzle1983

Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
York, Pa
I was wondering what SIZE ham should I get for the 3-4 hour smoke per the newsletter....My local butcher can only get a 18LB fresh ham and he said that will take 8-10 hour to smoke. I can drive a town over and get a smaller ham that will work ,but I wanted to know what size I should get to make the cook/smoke time 3-4 hours.......Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have the time that day to do a 8-10 hour smoke =( So that's why I would prefer the 3-4 hour smoke .

Howdy Tsizzle, I believe that Jeff was referring to an already cooked ham like you buy in the grocery store, some are spiral sliced already and some are not. The one that your butcher is telling you about is a fresh, unsmoked whole ham. Totally different thing. The kind you are looking for is already cooked and is just a heat n eat type ham. That way you are only reheating it in the smoke along with the injection. Good luck with your cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky