The new Camp Chef Woodwind Pro looks promising

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

2fatpugs

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 25, 2021
I have a Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro with the Heavy D. Other than over shooting the temps by about 20-30 degrees, it does a good job of adding smoke. My biggest problem with it is that the wood burning only lasts about an hour to an hour and a half. The Camp Chef Woodwind Pro does something similar but it will allow you to easy add more wood (and charcoal) for the entire cook. I am looking forward to seeing some head to head comparisons between the Woodwind Pro and the Char Griller 980.

Reactions: bill1
Thanks for sharing the video, was interesting to watch and see his opinions both pro and con on the new grill

Shucky darn - NOW I may have to consider selling my Woodwind 24 next year and replace it with the newer Pro. Loving my Woodwind, but like the increased smokiness with the Pro. I think it may be ideal for better smoked salmon. Hope to see salmon smokes on the Pro soon.

Reactions: smovider70
Save your money, buy a pellet tube. A snake charcoal basket with some chips or chunks would work too.

Save your money, buy a pellet tube. A snake charcoal basket with some chips or chunks would work too.
Burning real wood vs pellets makes a huge difference in quality of the smoke flavor. Burning more pellets add an acidic burnt taste rather than a pleasant rich smoky flavor.

Burning real wood vs pellets makes a huge difference in quality of the smoke flavor. Burning more pellets add an acidic burnt taste rather than a pleasant rich smoky flavor.
I agree. The pellet tube is far better loaded with wood chips. Burns half as long but smells far better.

Will this work with chips instead of pellets in the hopper? Or will it jam/stall out?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky