The Meat Sale got Me.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
Saw a box of pork spare ribs at our local Harps grocery store: $14.25, for a 15lb box. Pulled the trigger and bought it. Got it home safely and opened the box up:
IMG_2985.jpeg

All frozen together. Has plenty of frost on them. Hopefully not freezer burn. Looks like 5 racks. I plan on de-thawing them out and smoking all of them tomorrow. If I do the math correctly thats about $2.80 a rack.

IMG_2984.jpeg

See the chest freezers in little trucks around here regularly. Cruising the apartments and trailer parks. None of them have generators.
Oh yes, I see those guys around here with "ribeye specials" all the time. A friend bought some and said they were very thin. Brave guy lol

Oh yes, I see those guys around here with "ribeye specials" all the time. A friend bought some and said they were very thin. Brave guy lol
I fell for that once just to see. 20 eyes for $29.95 " Very thin "
Good taste, nice little quick fry with some eggs and toast.

We have Harps here in NE Oklahoma Inola area also. Month or so they had the same Williams rib box sale here also. I picked up a box to try, pealed off one rack for the smoker. Good amount of meat/bone ratio. I went back the next day to get another box and all 20 boxes were gone. Guess he who snoozes looses.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky