The Group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pretty much like all the other groups here. I can't remember the last time I saw anything in the Oregon group posted. Even the smoker specific groups, like WSM, GOSM, Chargriller etc very rarely get posts and when they do they often go unanswered.

Hi Danny, just had our first snowfall in the area and a hard frost this morning but I still haven't put the Webber into hibernation. Been very busy (by my standards [emoji]128514[/emoji]) helping my son as he's just gone self employed and has bought a 40 year old Unimog, a twin drum timber winch and a wood chipper that all need lots of tlc ! He's dropped off a pile of apple and cherry wood that I'll let season and then put through the chipper, removing the bark first will be a pain though.
Managed to do some chicken schwarma last week on the webber with some home made pitta breads done in the pizza oven and baked a loaf once the oven had cooled down a shade.

Hi Danny, just had our first snowfall in the area and a hard frost this morning but I still haven't put the Webber into hibernation. 
Hasn't anyone told you that Webers do not hibernate. In fact they get very lonely over the winter when a lot of people ignore them. At least go and see it at Christmas. It would be very happy if you were entrust it with your Christmas turkey this year...

Just going to start my Sausage Making Weekend! Looking at 4-5 different Sausage plus Black Pudding.
Now that sounds like fun 
icon14.gif
. Fresh or dried blood for the black pudding?

Now that sounds like fun Thumbs Up . Fresh or dried blood for the black pudding?

It's dried blood only, you can not buy blood unless you slaughter the pigs yourself.

Quick preview of this afternoon efforts.

Meat Sticks,

Be cooked in 20 minutes, got a lovely Mahogany colour to them.

Beef Jerky marinating for tomorrow,

Kielbasa,

Stuffed and ready to smoke tomorrow,

Will post up recipes when finished.

Hello Case.  Good to hear from ya buddy.  The Groups need room to grow or they will stagnate.  So long as they are INCLUSIVE  and not EXCLUSIVE. I don't see a problem.Keep Smokin!

Danny

GRAME!  Where have ya been buddy??  Good to hear from one of the first members.  They call ya OG in the States.  OG is Original Gang Member.  You were one our OG.  Glad to hear from ya.  Looks like hard work there.A Good loaf is needed to keep up moral.  Don't stay away so long buddy.  Just log in and say Hello once in while.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Reactions: jockaneezer

I hear crickets chirping.  Taps is playing the background.

Danny
Lol Danny - It is that time of the year I think. We will have to rattle some cages to get more people out smoking. What are you going to be smoking between now and Christmas?

Just going to start my Sausage Making Weekend! Looking at 4-5 different Sausage plus Black Pudding.
Steve - this post is getting lost in here and certainly deserves more prominence. How about putting it in its own thread. 
icon14.gif

Hello Wade.  You are right buddy.  The British weather is settling in.  I wanted to smoke a turkey for Christmas but you can't take that chance this time of year.  We will have 14 for Christmas.  You can't serve dinner without turkey.  I will try to smoke something that doesn't take so long.  Couple of ribeyes come to mind.  Getting hungry.  Gotta look through the fridge and drag out the Weber.  Speak soon.  Keep Smokin.

Danny

Last edited:
hi guys, im still about, !!

looking through the forums etc when time and work allows, im still looking at putting my UDS through its paces this coming winter, be a shame to have such a nice piece of home made hardware standing idle for so long!!

catch you all soon

Lee.

Good to hear from ya Lee.  It's that time of year.  If ANYONE has a post please do so.  I was gonna smoke a turkey.  I had thought just the 2 of us.   The Missus then told me the whole family was coming so I thought I could not risk the weather.  Weather permitting I WILL smoke a chicken or 2 to add to the meal.  I will post; weather permitting.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky