The Green Thing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW!!!

I got just about the same memories as ALL of you guys.

Got my first Daisy when I was 5, and my Savage 24DL when I was 13 (22cal LR / over 20ga).

I never lived in town though.

Michael---Yup---Fine tuning dial behind the channel changing knob!  LOL

Bear

I often wonder how any of us OLD FOGIES managed to grow up without all the conveniences kids have today... Guess we were more resilient...

I often wonder how any of us OLD FOGIES managed to grow up without all the conveniences kids have today... Guess we were more resilient...
LOL---I'll never forget when the first Transistor Radio came out. It was unbelievable!!!  

I was in 4th grade when I saw my first one.

It looked like this---Talk about nostalgia:

5e1d0873_220px-Regency_transistor_radio.jpg

Bear

We had to have a imagination.Because their was only 4 chanles on the T.V if the weather was right.We were more resilient becase we didn't have antibacterial everything and most food came from mason jars.

WOW!!!

I got just about the same memories as ALL of you guys.

Got my first Daisy when I was 5, and my Savage 24DL when I was 13 (22cal LR / over 20ga).

I never lived in town though.

Michael---Yup---Fine tuning dial behind the channel changing knob!  LOL

Bear
Remember the old match box cars? If you ran them across the kitchen table the squeek from the off balanced tires would change the channels on the tv. That was from the old push button remotes days. 

Remember the old match box cars? If you ran them across the kitchen table the squeek from the off balanced tires would change the channels on the tv. That was from the old push button remotes days. 

LOL---I forgot all about that !!!

My grandparents had one that was so sensitive, you could change channels by clapping your hands.

They called their remote---"The Clicker".

Bear

I ain't as old as some of you folks *looks at Bear*, but I can still definately relate.

Growing up in NM we lived in a style of house called an Earth Ship (hippie thing), no indoor plumbing, no electricity, wood heat. When you live at 7000 ft. on a high desert mesa smack dab against the foot of the Rocky Mountians you get a crap load of snow and let me tell you, you have to really, really need to go to the bathroom at 3:00 AM to make the walk out to the outhouse worth it when it's -17° with a gusty wind! LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky