• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The Fleet is Complete

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Have you smoked on all 3 of them? Which one you like best?
Not sure that is enough exhaust.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
bottle opener is a nice finishing touch.

HT

Craig Ward

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 21, 2019
I've only cooked on the silver one, just burn Ins on the other two. It's the standard 8 1/2" holes, use magnets to 'open/close' the exhaust. On a full charcoal basket, which is about two big bags of charcoal each, they all held 230-260 for 24 hrs+ with just the bottom air intake open.

Craig Ward

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 21, 2019
Definitely always open to suggestions on improvements, each one is a bit different already due to changes

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
All Look Beautiful from here!!
Nice Jobs

Bear

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
I liked the torched wood shelves. Did you end up buying that expanded from home Depot? Looks just like the squares of they sell.

Craig Ward

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 21, 2019
I bought the expanded metal in a 4 x 8 sheet from a sheet metal supplier. Seemed like the way to go, enough metal for 6 baskets for $97CAD.

Craig Ward

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 21, 2019
I'm trying to figure out a heat baffle and then still messing around with getting everything nice and sealed up, I used alot of self tapping screws which I'm going to swap out with nut and bolts, and then I think I'll add some feet to keep them a couple of inches off the ground.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
So for my "temporary" baffle I cut slits in the corners of two aluminum deep wall pans (think like half lasagna pans) and bolted the two pans sandwich style to keep them together. Drilled like two or 3 holes in the middle for grease to drip down through. It's worked great for me.

Was only meant to be a stop gap solution until I did something more permanent, but I've used it for like a year so far. I think I'm going to stick with it because those pans (that baffle) get TRASHED from all the drippings. With the aluminum pans being quite flexible, I can just flex them or bang them on the ground and all that burnt material just pops right off. Plus it's almost zero cost to replace when I feel I need to. But after a year, they're in the same shape as they were when new

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Yep. Here's a pic of it. This way you can see what I mean, plus how I cut the corners to fan it out. Works great.

20190803_223559.jpg

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I used a pizza pan and drilled more holes in it for a baffle. 8 (1-2) holes is enough exhaust thats what I have.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.