The-Eggs-R-Done

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was really impressed with the photos of your eggs, and I loved the color..... I did a batch, let them set for 17 days, tried one.... it didn't have any color at all..... simply white, and of course, yellow in the inside.  I wonder what I did wrong????  Got any suggestions as to why mine did not color red????

I was really impressed with the photos of your eggs, and I loved the color..... I did a batch, let them set for 17 days, tried one.... it didn't have any color at all..... simply white, and of course, yellow in the inside.  I wonder what I did wrong????  Got any suggestions as to why mine did not color red????
Same here...great taste just no color??????

Get one them yellow corn cobb holders with the metal prongs, poke each egg after its been hard cooked all over then into the brine. Careful if you poke to many holes the egg will fall apart.

Last edited:
Well.... I'll try that on my next batch.... I was SO looking forward to those RED eggs... I wanted to take them to my Elks Lodge... and share them with the guys down there.... but when they came out white..... I'm eating them myself.... grin....

drool.gif

nepas,

Yep those sure look good.  

I like to half mine, take out the yolk, throw the whites in a cold smoker for around a half hour, then make deviled eggs.  " Smoked - Spicy Hot -  Pickled  - Deviled Eggs",  hard too beat.

I LOVE Franks! So I was super excited to try this. However, my eggs have been sitting for 10 days so far and I gave a couple a try today. They are not turning red at all and they are not taking on any of the Franks pepper flavor either. They just taste like vinegar. The eggs I pickled in balsamic vinegar and the eggs I put in an apple cider vinegar/turmeric mixture took on a lot more flavor and color in a shorter amount of time than these have. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky