The devil preys on idle hands

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good to know! I didn't want to fire up the oven because it can be so messy!

I’ve used the torch on bacon wrapped loins I’ve cooked in the sous vide as well. I brown the whole thing in a pan first, but I always touch it up with the torch. Works great!

Scott

WOW, you had a great Sunday.
Everything looks awesome, and you gotta love them yellow dogs. (great look'in pup)
We had to put our 14 yr old M.Y.L down a few months ago and it's still killing us. We're just not ready to jump into another puppy right now, bad timing for duck season anyhow's next year for sure.
Great looking pup and smoke, the hot pickles look awesome......burp. LOL!!!

Appreciate it fork!

It’s tough losing them that’s for sure. Sorry to hear about your loss. 14 years is a good run for a lab.

We’re breeding scout in the spring so I’ll have another pup to start over with. No rest for the wicked!

Thanks,
Scott

WOW, you had a great Sunday.
Everything looks awesome, and you gotta love them yellow dogs. (great look'in pup)
We had to put our 14 yr old M.Y.L down a few months ago and it's still killing us. We're just not ready to jump into another puppy right now, bad timing for duck season anyhow's next year for sure.
Great looking pup and smoke, the hot pickles look awesome......burp. LOL!!!

I'm in the same boat, we put our chocolate down last winter, he only made it to 9 years (the same as our black before that). And, yes, a bit of a bummer for duck season, but I haven't had the urge to get another dog yet either. I'll probably just get a kayak for this season!
Good luck at the hunt test Scott! I always had a good time at those, lots of fun.

I'm in the same boat, we put our chocolate down last winter, he only made it to 9 years (the same as our black before that). And, yes, a bit of a bummer for duck season, but I haven't had the urge to get another dog yet either. I'll probably just get a kayak for this season!
Good luck at the hunt test Scott! I always had a good time at those, lots of fun.

Thanks I appreciate it!

My last two labs made 10 years.

I don’t know where y’all live but If either of you guys are interested like I said we’re gonna breed scout next spring. So a litter in the summer. Breeding to my buddies dog and he’s almost earned 1000 pts! Gonna be selling some real good duck dogs!

Good luck hunting this season boys!

I just booked our trip to Arkansas! If you haven’t been down there for duck season I suggest you put it on your bucket list! Great time!

Scott

Arkansas would be a dream! But, I'm from the great white north ( I guess it's probably not too much further than Michigan though!).

12 hour drive from my area. It’s worth it! Never seen so many ducks & geese!

Appreciate it fork!

It’s tough losing them that’s for sure. Sorry to hear about your loss. 14 years is a good run for a lab.

We’re breeding scout in the spring so I’ll have another pup to start over with. No rest for the wicked!

Thanks,
Scott
Scott, I don't want to hijack your thread but how are you dogs lines?
DAre you going to have all of the clearances done? we can take this to P/M's to save everyone from a few D.D.D's= duck, dog, dorks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky