the bubbastump smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bubbastump

Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Ok I now have my 2 55gallon drums. I have several ideas in mind. All have pros and cons. The deciding factor will be on the wonderful members thoughts. 1. Should the 2 drums have direct contact allowing high heat transfer or stacked between to allow a throttle of sort. I think I need to work on sketches to explain better. What I am looking to make is a stick or charcoal burner. However I need to be able to regulate temp. Also with my professional background I plan on installing a misting system to help either regulate temp or to increase moisture in smoke barrel. I hope to have this build completed by the start of NASCAR next season giving me time to buy a new welder and refresh myself on my rusty welding skills. This build will be a scalled.down version of the trailered one I plan on building. But if it a success I am hoping to keep it at the fire house to help on fund raisers for the station. So with all my rambling ons what factors should I keep in mind for the build?. Sketching at lunch starts today. Will try to post this weekend while camping or sat night when I get to fire house.

popcorn.gif
 ...I'll be watching this one...I have 5 drums right now (2 sealed tops, 2 without tops, and 1 with a removable top). I just made a UDS, but want to see what you do with your 2.

Started a rough sketch. Threw 2 designs out from pure insaneness. I think I will go with plan d I had.will throw out mist for temp but keepin the idea for misting with sauce instead of opening door to spray.and to top it off frame work will allow shelves for wood and shelf to hold platter when loading and unloading. It will be bulky but should work. I plan on making videos and taking pictures along the process for yall to see. And possibly throw pointers at me then yall could make one if it works well.

Ya know... I thought about it. But then I said I want something different.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky