1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The bounty of a day spent on FOOD!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jojo22, Dec 5, 2010.

1. jojo22

jojo22 Smoke Blower

So instead of making 4 different posts in different sections I figured I would post one here!

Got up this morning and prepped some loin and butt got cure on it for BBB and CB (no pics yet, just curing) then I fired up the old cardboard box and started cold smoking a good lot of cheese!! After that the wife and I put together 2 chili cheese fatties, while the smoker was warming she ran off and got peppers and we also made about 22 ABT's for with the fattie dinner!

Since I know you are sick of reading by now here is the Qiew!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice!  Great way to spend the day -- relaxing but productive!  [​IMG]   Did you really smoke the cheese in a cardboard box al la Alton Brown?  Not many doing that, I would bet!  I wouldn't hesitate in a pinch!

3. jojo22

jojo22 Smoke Blower

Box yes but no idea who Mr. Brown is!

4. smokeamotive

smokeamotive Smoking Fanatic

I guess you don't watch or get the food network. Good lookin Q- view too.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  5. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking stuff! Love the fattie, that's mouth watering!

I use a cardboard box for cold smoking. I use my AMS and a box. Git 'er done! LOL! Works like a charm.

6. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good Job!

Todd

7. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Wow !

You're really Kickin butt now, Jojo,

Well, maybe not butt, but a lot of even bettert looking stuff !

Another fast learner !!!

Nice Qview too!

Bear

8. jojo22

jojo22 Smoke Blower

Thanks guys!! Not tooting my own horn, but smoking is one of those things that just clicks for me. Don't know why or how, cause the lord knows my parents can't cook, but it does!

9. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Great post JoJo. The whole post has me drooling -  The second to the last pic looks like that fattie is growin some legs LOL -

10. circuit theory

circuit theory Fire Starter

That Chili fatty looks fantastic!  That is definately going on my to do list.

Thanks for all the great pics.