• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The bounty of a day spent on FOOD!!

jojo22

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 26, 2010
So instead of making 4 different posts in different sections I figured I would post one here!

Got up this morning and prepped some loin and butt got cure on it for BBB and CB (no pics yet, just curing) then I fired up the old cardboard box and started cold smoking a good lot of cheese!! After that the wife and I put together 2 chili cheese fatties, while the smoker was warming she ran off and got peppers and we also made about 22 ABT's for with the fattie dinner!

Since I know you are sick of reading by now here is the Qiew!

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Nice!  Great way to spend the day -- relaxing but productive! 
  Did you really smoke the cheese in a cardboard box al la Alton Brown?  Not many doing that, I would bet!  I wouldn't hesitate in a pinch!

smokeamotive

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2009
I guess you don't watch or get the food network. Good lookin Q- view too.

Last edited:

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Great looking stuff! Love the fattie, that's mouth watering!

I use a cardboard box for cold smoking. I use my AMS and a box. Git 'er done! LOL! Works like a charm.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Good Job!

Todd

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Wow !

You're really Kickin butt now, Jojo,

Well, maybe not butt, but a lot of even bettert looking stuff !

Another fast learner !!!

Nice Qview too!

Bear

jojo22

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 26, 2010
Thanks guys!! Not tooting my own horn, but smoking is one of those things that just clicks for me. Don't know why or how, cause the lord knows my parents can't cook, but it does!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Great post JoJo. The whole post has me drooling -  The second to the last pic looks like that fattie is growin some legs LOL -

circuit theory

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 22, 2009
That Chili fatty looks fantastic!  That is definately going on my to do list.

Thanks for all the great pics.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.