The best brisket I have ever made.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
this was a $1.99/lb kroger choice brisket I picked up a couple months ago an froze. I thawed, trimmed, and rubbed with Holy Cow. while prepping it seamed a touch lean on the flat...I was all in regardless...not like there was any options. did a hot and fast at 275. probed tender around 200, pulled and covered. And then the most tender delicious brisket slicing ensued! I usually say "I can do better"...drive my wife insane... this one was THE better.

IMG_6499.jpg
IMG_6501.jpg
IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6502 - Copy.jpg

That looks great! Nice bark, nice smoke ring, and looks juicy!

Ryan

By George I think he's got it. Great Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

You nailed it from the looks, nice bark with an excellent smoke ring. Great presentation. Did you do something with the 2 burnt end size pieces?

Wow Dave, that looks amazing buddy!! Beautiful brisket and that smoke ring is to die for. I'll trade ya a couple of T-Bones for a plate of that!! :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: MJB05615
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Dave just opened it up...

tenor.gif

That brisket is absolutely beautiful man. Perfect slices. Smoke ring is off the charts. How this didn't get a carousel ride I don't know. I'd frame that sliced shot and put it on my desk next to my wife and kids pictures. Nice cook man.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky