The Awarding Of Points.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin monkey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sutton In Ashfield, UK
After recently posting a new thread, and being awarded points for it, I actually checked who had awarded the points. Out of five Memebers who commented and awarded points, three had not clicked on the thumbs Up Thumbs Up to actually award the points.

I am not fishing for the points, but if members think they are awarding but not actually doing it correctly, they need to be made aware.

Last edited:
I am still fairly new here, so I don't completely understand the "point" concept...... But, I have always thought the only way to award a point was to click the Thumbs Up and that they are to be "awarded" for exceptional work (like a blue ribbon type concept).

I am not trying to be a smartass at all, just still learning the ins and outs...

Hi Birdman, that is the correct way to award points to a memeber you feel has helped you, guided you, inspired you or got your taste buds tingling.

Some memebers are simply saying "Points" we writing a reply in the thread, but not actually clicking on the "Thumps Up" and awarding points.

It's not the clearest thing to begin with. It took me a while to learn. Especially that when clicking on the thumbs up, it must be done on the original post. I was clicking on the most recent one.

SM I have noticed that,seems to be mostly new members 
Richie

Education time!

It's not the clearest thing to begin with. It took me a while to learn. Especially that when clicking on the thumbs up, it must be done on the original post. I was clicking on the most recent one.

Glad to know you got the hang of it. You need to click on the original post or you are awarding points to the latest person who posted on the thread

Some of the new members have not yet got the navigation part down yet. And to follow thru with the thumbs up promt.

Its all good anyways.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky