thanksgiving smokin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dnovotny

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
norfolk, ne
today i'm  using  my  new  smoker i built this  summer,, got 14 turkey going, 2 hams, ribs, chop, duck and 1 wild  turkey,, can't  wait  until  they  are  done,, take  a  look,,
50_156512_454873098989_516118989_5460577_2749467_n.jpg
b3639f64_thegrill4.jpg

Man thats a great looking smoker. Best of luck on your smoke. I wish when I looked out the window I saw what you see there. When I look out all I see is blowing white stuff and the thermometer going down, down, down.

How do you like that rotisserie compared to a non-rotisserie smoker? Would you share some details about your smoker?

Turkeys are looking great too. 

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man thats a sweet smoker you have there. Then it is really packed too.

dnovotny, very nice smoker, nice looking birds, nice weather. I'am from MN.

but I will join your club if you build me a smoker like that one. SWEEEEEET.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I LOVE  THE ROTISSERIE COMPARED  TO SELVES,, WHY  BECAUSE YOUR  SMOKE ROTATES, ALONG  WITH YOUR  HEAT, NO HIGHS OR  LOW  SPOT,  BECAUSE ALL YOUR MEAT  PASSES  BY THE FIREBOX. GETTING  THE  GEAR  ROTIONAL  DOWN IS THE KEY, I STARTED OUT  WITH  A 160 TOOTH  BY  A 4" SPOCKET IT WAS GOING  TO FAST, THEN I PUT ON A 50  TO 1 GEAR  BOX BUT  IT WAS  STILL TURNING  ALIITLE  FAST, BUT  I FINALLY  ADDED   ON A 12" AND  2" PULLEY  SOCKET  SO  BETWEEN ALL THAT IT  TURNED AT  THE  RIGHT  SPEED.  THAT'S WHAT  YOU  HAVE  TO FIGURE OUT.  THE NEXT  THING  I  HAD  TO WORK ON WAS  TO DRAW  THE  WIND--    DRAW  IT FROM THE  BOTTOM OF THE FIREBOX  AND DRAW OR  FLOW   THE AIR  TO THE  TOP HAVING  AJUSTABLE DAMPERS  HELP.. AND  FINALLY  THE  SELVES  INSIDE  YOU  GOT TO  HAVE  THENM  FREE  TO ROTATE  SO THEY  DON'T  TOUCH  EACH  OTHER SO THEY WON'T KNOCK OFF THE MEAT AND  HAVE A CRASH....BUT KNOW  I  HAVE  A WORK OF ART..  IF I  CAN HELP YOU  WITH ANYTHING  LET ME KNOW.. 

Nice load you got going there...birds are lookin pretty tasty.

Been there Done That with the shelf crash, lost more spares then I care to count. We left um hang over to fit a few more, all was good until the meat started to get stiff from cooking and Wa-La. One shelf tips and hits the next and so on. I'm embarresed to say that probably the first 5 or so made a thump, we looked at each other and of course said. UMMMM whats that noise, never heard that before.

BTW.....Nice rig.

I LOVE  THE ROTISSERIE COMPARED  TO SELVES,, WHY  BECAUSE YOUR  SMOKE ROTATES, ALONG  WITH YOUR  HEAT, NO HIGHS OR  LOW  SPOT,  BECAUSE ALL YOUR MEAT  PASSES  BY THE FIREBOX. GETTING  THE  GEAR  ROTIONAL  DOWN IS THE KEY, I STARTED OUT  WITH  A 160 TOOTH  BY  A 4" SPOCKET IT WAS GOING  TO FAST, THEN I PUT ON A 50  TO 1 GEAR  BOX BUT  IT WAS  STILL TURNING  ALIITLE  FAST, BUT  I FINALLY  ADDED   ON A 12" AND  2" PULLEY  SOCKET  SO  BETWEEN ALL THAT IT  TURNED AT  THE  RIGHT  SPEED.  THAT'S WHAT  YOU  HAVE  TO FIGURE OUT.  THE NEXT  THING  I  HAD  TO WORK ON WAS  TO DRAW  THE  WIND--    DRAW  IT FROM THE  BOTTOM OF THE FIREBOX  AND DRAW OR  FLOW   THE AIR  TO THE  TOP HAVING  AJUSTABLE DAMPERS  HELP.. AND  FINALLY  THE  SELVES  INSIDE  YOU  GOT TO  HAVE  THENM  FREE  TO ROTATE  SO THEY  DON'T  TOUCH  EACH  OTHER SO THEY WON'T KNOCK OFF THE MEAT AND  HAVE A CRASH....BUT KNOW  I  HAVE  A WORK OF ART..  IF I  CAN HELP YOU  WITH ANYTHING  LET ME KNOW.. 
I'll take one and pick it up, just PM me when it is finished, Thanks a bunch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky