Thanksgiving eve

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
My son came home from college fir a few days on Thanksgiving break, so I wanted to make some food that might be somewhat special to him other than his usual.
So I thawed out a bag of walleye and a few wooduck breast. The woodies had been previously rubbed before freezing with garlic salt, so I cubed up bothe and lightly breaded them. Baptized in fresh oil at 375 and served up with air fried mozzarella sticks which pairs spectacularly with my wife's homemade pizza sauce!
Thankful to spend some time with him and smash some tasty wild critters!
Woodies
20221123_180258.jpg

20221123_204334.jpg

Woody.....because it's _ichigan week....
ghows-OH-264fd9a4-085c-4ddc-bec9-45dd642bba15-09152373.jpeg

Platter after I ate half of it while cooking lol
20221123_204223.jpg

Love me some fried walleyes. Is that shore lunch breading?
No, actually it's a mixture of seasoned flour and Andy's breading. That's all I had to work with. I'm a big fan of zatarains crispy southern usually though!

Looks very good. Not a big duck fan. But that Walleye looks fantastic!
All depends on the species and how it's prepared. For me wood duck breast is top on the list of tasty fowl hooters!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky