Thanksgiving Brisket (Soup to Nuts)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tlhiv

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Here is some Q-View from a brisket smoke that I did back in November.  It was even more delicious than it looks.

drool.gif

That is a beautiful brisket!!!

I see you separated the point from the flat and smoked separately but what I don't see are burnt ends brother!  Where are the burnt ends?

Fantastic smoke ring on that brisky!

Great job! 

Bill

I see you separated the point from the flat and smoked separately but what I don't see are burnt ends brother!  Where are the burnt ends?
I've never eaten burnt ends nor smoked them (although I have read plenty on them).  To be honest, I'm not sure what part of the point I should dice up for the burnt ends.

Also, FYI, in case there was any confusion, that's a Boston Butt on the sheet and in the smoker with the brisket.

I've never eaten burnt ends nor smoked them (although I have read plenty on them).  To be honest, I'm not sure what part of the point I should dice up for the burnt ends.

Also, FYI, in case there was any confusion, that's a Boston Butt on the sheet and in the smoker with the brisket.

You can dice up the entire point for BE's if you like...just dice it up after the initial smoke, toss in some rub and throw 'em back on the smoker for about another hour or two and instant man candy!

Some folks add sauce but I prefer just a lil more rub and smoke.

Oh yeah!  I can recognize a pork butt anywhere!  LOL

Bill

I like to trim as much surface fat as possible before applying my rub so that my finished brisket has essentially no fat in the finished bark.  I have concluded that there is plenty of fat and connective tissue within the brisket to keep it moist.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky