• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanksgiving Bacon

voodoochile

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 20, 2013
I put my bacon in the smoker at 6:45 this morning . It spent the last 13 days in Pops Brine cure and I am smoking per the instructions on the BACON(extra smokey) thread by Bearcarver . I cut my side into 3 pieces so it would fit into pans for brining . I put the pepper /garlic powder on one piece and left the other two pieces plain . 

I am planning on 10-12 hours in the smoker . My AMNPS is loaded with 1/2 hickory and 1/2 apple pellets . 

Cant wait to taste the finished product !!!!!!!

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 20, 2010
  Sounds like a plan! Don't forget to show  the sliced pics!

Mike

cdn offroader

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 14, 2013
Sounds good! Just threw a bucket of brining pork loin in the fridge myself, can't wait to see how it turns out 

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
There is nothing like smoked bacon. An excellent Christmas present? Cured belly ready to smoke!

Nothing like smoked bacon......

Congrats on your bacon, looks great!

voodoochile

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 20, 2013

First Bacon fry !!!!!! ........ it smells sooooooo good !!!!

It IS  good ! ............ perfect saltiness with more of a sweet flavor than store bought .

Note to self : remember to take the skin off BEFORE slicing ......LOL

My slicer is a small Rival so I had to make shorter slices but it tastes just the same ............... all in all ......... I declare it a success 

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
Way to go!!! Now I need to go out to the freezer in my cold ass garage and  pull some of mine out to thaw.. Im so starving for bacon as I type this..

scooper

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 20, 2011
Looks Amazin'! 

I wish I could find belly in S. Florida.  If I am so lucky to, they slice it around 3/4" thick, and leave none whole for guys like me.  When I ask them, they just give me a blank stare.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks