Thanksgiving 2.0

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I despise turkey and the only pot pie I'd consider would be beef BUT you got it right for sure. Thinking those are even the frozen peas and carrots - which make it totally Banquet authentic lol! I hated them as a kid.... but a homemade one is a thing of beauty.

Reactions: gmc2003
I love pot pie! Turkey pot pie, chicken pot pie, darned near any pot pie but fish. That looks fantastic Chris, I'd be all over that in a hot second, nice work! What, do you just mix the turkey up with some cream of mushroom soup, carrots, and peas? You are up in the bright lights Chris, I'll be needing some insight. RAY

Looks terrific Chris! Love a good pot pie! And I wouldn't sweat the darker edges on the crust - I like a crispy crust myself, so that looks about perfect!

Red

Man that looks good bud . I like that dark edge too . That was always the second meal from leftovers when I was a kid .

Oh man Chris! That looks so dang good. Nice one.

Looks good!

Expertly crafted pot pie. Looks delicious, that crust is looks perfect. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks guys, I like the darker edges also. Break them up and mix the crumbs in the sauce mixture - ummm good. I was more worried about them burning. I pulled the pie about half way thru(20 min.) to check on it and they were looking pretty dark compared to the rest of the crust. That's why I tried to cover them.

Appreciate the nice comments folks.

Chris

Man thats a belly filling heart warming meal right there!

Jim

That’s one great looking pot pie! It would be hard to wait that long to make that knowing you have the leftovers for it. Nicely done Chris!

Says who? That is one perfect (and exquisite) example of down home comfort food right there. Tie a bib on me and get out of the way
!! I'm coming to dinner :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Hey Chris,
That is comfort food to the max!
Nicely done!
Al

I will take 3.14 of those.!!
Thank you very much fellas. Jax wouldn't that be a never ending slice?

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: jaxgatorz
Yummy. Love a good pot pie. Nice job!

I despise turkey and the only pot pie I'd consider would be beef BUT you got it right for sure. Thinking those are even the frozen peas and carrots - which make it totally Banquet authentic lol! I hated them as a kid.... but a homemade one is a thing of beauty.

I love pot pie! Turkey pot pie, chicken pot pie, darned near any pot pie but fish. That looks fantastic Chris, I'd be all over that in a hot second, nice work! What, do you just mix the turkey up with some cream of mushroom soup, carrots, and peas? You are up in the bright lights Chris, I'll be needing some insight. RAY
Appreciate it guys. Beef is next Hijack so stay tuned. I love beef pot pie. Ray I've been up since 3:00am. Worked a 12 hr shift and have to repeat tomorrow. I'll post up the recipe either tomorrow night or weds. It's pretty simple and there isn't any soup involved.

Chris

OMG... Looks exactly like the one the wife makes with left over turkey... YUM YUMMMM

Perfect brother...

Unlike Robert.. I don't need a bib... I'll ''Shout'' it out ....

OMG... Looks exactly like the one the wife makes with left over turkey... YUM YUMMMM

Perfect brother...

Unlike Robert.. I don't need a bib... I'll ''Shout'' it out ....
LOL thanks I appreciate it. That's probably the nicest compliment I've ever received.
Chris

Last edited:
The recipe was found on the internet it's from Pillsbury. I've altered it slightly.

1 box Pillsbury pie crust
1/3 cup of butter
1/3 cup of finely chopped onion
1/3 cup of flour A/P
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
14 oz chicken broth
1/2 cup of milk
3+ cups of cubed turkey
2 cups of cubed veggies. (I used the frozen mix)
1 egg.

Lay one pie crust in a 9" ungreased glass pie pan.
Melt butter in a 2qt sauce pan, add onions and stir until onions are soft It takes about 2 minutes. Add the flour, salt and pepper. Stir constantly until well blended. Carefully add chicken broth and milk. Stir until thick and hot. Remove from heat. Add veggies, turkey and stir until well incorporated. Pour mixture into the pie crust and spread evenly. Add top crust, pinch edges closed, and put at least 3 slices in the top for venting. Combine the egg and a smidgen of water into a bowl and beat well. Paint the top of the pie crust with the egg. Bake at 425* for 40 min. After 20 min check to see if edges are burning. If they are cover with aluminum foil or pie edge covers. After 40 min. pull from oven and let stand for about 5 min.

Enjoy
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky