Thanks to you!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmacv

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
My Computer

I smoked 2 racks spareribs cut in half 2 beercan chickens 1cornedbeef 1 fatty and 1 sausage stuffed porkloin

everything finished at about the 6 hour mark except the chicken, so i wrapped in foil put in brown paper bags and put in cooler untill the chicken was done, which i cranked up the temp to finish off

i wish i laid out the food better for the pics

everything i cooked was with help from the peeps @ Smoking-Meat.com
from beercan chicken,321 ribs,earl d's sausage stuffed porkloin,corned beef,and of course i tried a fatty

special thanks to Earl d, jlloy99, azbarbeque, bob-bqn, and scott in kc for your help in making this awsome bbq with you tips and help from applejuice spray, digital therm(i used a 13$ pyrex model from super wal-mart my maverick hasnt arrived yet) smoking issues to recipes
thank you so much!!!! /bows

I'm glad it all worked out for you cmacv. Carfull now this smoking can get to be pretty addictive. The boy and I havn't gone a weekend yet without smoking something. The pics look great BTW.

it may be to late im already gearing up for a couple pull pork next weekend, houston i think i have a problem! if any of you see me holding a sign that says will work for que. call for help!

Most excellent meal(s) cmacv! 8) I sure love all those pictures, great detail of all that wonderful food.

Speaking of Houston, I'm supposed to be going there next week to pick up my new pit.

Good luck on the pulled pork. BTW, it's not that bad, you can quit any time that you want.
wink.gif

After looking at your awesome pixs cmacv the candy bar I'm knoshing on doesn't taste very good~guess it's needs a little smoke applied to it :shock:

Glad things went well for you. FWIW-When I do a smoker full of meat like you just did, I put the chicken on the bottom rack due to the fact that the bird can take a little long to get done. The little bit of hotter heat that the bottom rack gets kind of speeds things along.

Cmavc.....what happened...no salmon, jerkey,or ABTs....ahhh save that for another weekend. All kidding asside...that is one great spread...congradulations..it all looks awesome, im sure that all of the monitor sniffers and keyboard droolers (including myself) will be hard at work going over your pics. Keep up the good work,
Todd

cmacv, what an awesome looking spread!!

To expand on Earl's suggestion of putting chicken nearer the bottom, this will also keep drippings from the not yet done chicken off of the other foods. I will admit to being a bit paranoid about "chicken cooties" and have always cooked it below everything else in a vertical cooker.

That stuffed loin looks awesome. I've never done them with the butterfly and tie method, I'll have to give that a try sometime.

Awesome job there, Cmac! Without a doubt, bring your chicken down to the bottom rack.

Isn't it nice to have a place to share your "Passion-of-the-Pit"?!!!!!!!!

Keep those Pit Fires Burnin'!

Jeff

Cmavc,

I just got back to home to real computer, the one at the job site was a real POS, and I was finally able to view your pics. That looks like an awesome spread. Great Job and thanks for sharing!

I assume that you were smoking at around 225*, but I'm cerious about the chickens; how long did the chicken end up taking, and how many pounds were they?

Looks good! Where you get the recipe for the stuffed loin?

Also notice the sweet baby ray's. It's our favorite store-bought bbq sauce. It's great on grilled chicken thighs when burnt just a bit..

Thanks Dutch. I'm going to give this a try this coming weekend or the next. I have a loin in the freezer that's begging to be cooked!

BTW, will the smoke penetrate the whole loin?

If your wondering if the smoke will penetrate to the center of the loin-No it won't. The smoke only penetrates into the meat about 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch. If you look at the picture you will notice a ring along the edge of the sliced pork loin that is darker that the rest of the meat-this is the smoke ring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky