Thanks for the new forum, Jeff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 12, 2007
new baltimore, mi
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Do i get to post the first thread???
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
O.K. not a pro but i got an 8, 12 and 16 quart dutch ovens, just got volunteered to do a dutch oven cooking class for women at our gun club
eek.gif
DB BBQ and myself go campin in the fall and cook all our meals for a long weekend over a fire on our ovens and various cast iron pieces. I'll pull out some recipes and spread em around
biggrin.gif

Ditto from me, thanks Jeff!

I have a cast iron pot a friend gave me ... don't even know if it is a Dutch oven or not? It is at the lake, so I'll take a pic this weekend and perhaps someone can clue me in!
icon_redface.gif

Now, is the intent here to cover ALL things Dutch Oven (i.e.: cooking on/in stovetop, oven, open fire, grill, etc...)? I have a really good pot roast recipe that I do on the stovetop if it is okay to post it...
cool.gif

Thanks for the forum Jeff
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hey squeezy, Does you pot have 3 short legs that stick out the bottom? If so that is a camp dutch oven. There are the kind that are smooth on the bottom (no legs) also. the legs are to keep the pot above the coals for cooking.

Thanks for creating this. I have a lot of iron and will try to contribute what I can to this.

Hawg,

I figure if it can be cooked in a Dutch Oven, Camp Dutch Oven or a Murphy Oven (Aussie version of the Camp DO), the recipe can be posted posted-don't matter what the heat source is.

Sweet spot ya'll have here...I would have to agree-- if the recipe you have calls for all the heat on bottom, it be done stove top, or just put your charcoal/wood on bottom...or if it calls for heat both top and bottom it could be done in mothers oven-- so in the field use coals top and bottom...you just need duplicate the temp as best as possible...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky