Thank you

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
Being very cheesy and dramatic, but F it. I want to thank everyone here. Like most all of you I’ve gone, and am going through, things way out of my control. All we can do is our best to be what is expected, often it’s strong and positive when our soul is being torn apart and we can’t be the ones stressed and upset. Like most here, I find some solace when you can control what’s being offered and make some good food for people you love, or respect, or even don’t like. I’ve learned a lot here, and appreciate the knowledge and support, even for the most mundane posts, It’s a great and positive group of people here. Thank you. Cheesy post complete.

I happen to love cheese... especially smoked lol! But in all seriousness, this is a great bunch of people! Very knowledgeable and would help ya out in any way they can.
Your decisions you're contemplating are based on what's best for your family. But don't stress about it too much. It only causes more stress and tension and maybe a few more beers! I know it's hard not to but you got this!
Wishing you the best of luck!

Ryan

Hang in there...

71kAMYjlBjL._AC_SY879_.jpg

I used to have a similar copy of the Serenity Prayer hanging on one my office wall's among all the other awards, certificates, diplomas, etc.
It was the only one that garnered the most attention, questions and perhaps reverence.
I've always kept the meaning in the back of my mind because I left my copy hanging on the wall for the next individual who occupied that office.

As for SMF, you couldn't ask for a better group of individuals who've come together to share their knowledge and passion for everything BBQ and then some. SMF is the closest I come to engaging in social media and I am happy with that.

Always remember that there is no guarantee that the decision you make today is the right decision for the future. You have no way of knowing for certain and that, my friend, is life. Don't stress over it and always put the big rocks in the jar first.

Last edited:
Can I have some chips with that cheese? In all seriousness, life is awful dang hectic. God knows it gets in the way of what I want to do a lot of the time. It is nice to have a hobby (my wife would say obsession) that will allow to me just sit and contemplate life a little and relax some. And of course these folks here on SMF are some of the best friends I've never laid eyes on. I know I can always come on here and find something to laugh at or drool over or etc.
And know that we are always here if you need a sounding board or heck even a virtual shoulder to lean on.
Jim

This place and the smoker are the only things that have held my family together these last few months. My wife is strong but I had to remain stronger for her and the kids/grandkids. And cooking and SMF has been my only outlet.
Stay strong and cook on JW !
This too shall pass brother.

Keith

Hard times come and go. Not too many years ago, we were so broke that we were facing down a miserable Christmas. We could not afford a Charlie Brown Tree and Hot Dog and Potato Soup was going to be the big meal. SMF was there for support,including a Gift Certificate to get something for the kids and another member showed up at my door with Gifts, Food and a Christmas Tree! I am grateful to SMF for saving Christmas that year.
When times are tough, know their is Support close at hand. Wounds heal, broken Hearts mend and better days are ahead...JJ

Yeah, life gets tough, and change inevitable. You be diligent about what’s best for your family, and the rest will work itself out. There is no future in fretting, no problems only solutions.

Glad to have you on board here. Its a heck of a nice spot to stop off and relax, pick up supper ideas or just enjoy company. This is probably the best Forum on the planet as far as knowledge that’s willingly given, and just decent folks. Wishing you and your’s all the best. Keep that smoke thin and blue but always rolling.

Jed , you can handle it, whatever is going on . It is tough and it is hard , but you will and can find the way to get past or through this.
But the words you have said here and all the other words from everyone else, just goes to show this is one big family , some times we agree some times we don't. But we all get along and if someone needs a shoulder or a hand , you just know someone here will step up and have that ear, hand or shoulder.

Like Jim JLeonard JLeonard said ( some of the best friends I've never laid eyes on ) across the street , a different county or even a different country, this is 1 big family
that is here for you in one way or another

David

The best friends I've never met are on this board. They are great people and as you can see a major support group. If we can help in any way please let us know, we will do what we can. From prayers to Christmas for a family. This is an incredible group of people, we are here for you.

Reactions: bauchjw
I happen to love cheese... especially smoked lol! But in all seriousness, this is a great bunch of people! Very knowledgeable and would help ya out in any way they can.
Your decisions you're contemplating are based on what's best for your family. But don't stress about it too much. It only causes more stress and tension and maybe a few more beers! I know it's hard not to but you got this!
Wishing you the best of luck!
Ryan
Sorry to hear about your pain. Like many here, I'm sure, I've been in a place where I couldn't fall apart even when I wanted to because someone has to
make the hard decisions. Fine bunch of people here and you can share cooking, stories and sometimes vent a little.
You seem strong. Stay strong and best wishes.
Dan
Hang in there...

View attachment 516346
I used to have a similar copy of the Serenity Prayer hanging on one my office wall's among all the other awards, certificates, diplomas, etc.
It was the only one that garnered the most attention, questions and perhaps reverence.
I've always kept the meaning in the back of my mind because I left my copy hanging on the wall for the next individual who occupied that office.

As for SMF, you couldn't ask for a better group of individuals who've come together to share their knowledge and passion for everything BBQ and then some. SMF is the closest I come to engaging in social media and I am happy with that.

Always remember that there is no guarantee that the decision you make today is the right decision for the future. You have no way of knowing for certain and that, my friend, is life. Don't stress over it and always put the big rocks in the jar first.

Can I have some chips with that cheese? In all seriousness, life is awful dang hectic. God knows it gets in the way of what I want to do a lot of the time. It is nice to have a hobby (my wife would say obsession) that will allow to me just sit and contemplate life a little and relax some. And of course these folks here on SMF are some of the best friends I've never laid eyes on. I know I can always come on here and find something to laugh at or drool over or etc.
And know that we are always here if you need a sounding board or heck even a virtual shoulder to lean on.
Jim
Same here
This place and the smoker are the only things that have held my family together these last few months. My wife is strong but I had to remain stronger for her and the kids/grandkids. And cooking and SMF has been my only outlet.
Stay strong and cook on JW !
This too shall pass brother.
Keith
Hard times come and go. Not too many years ago, we were so broke that we were facing down a miserable Christmas. We could not afford a Charlie Brown Tree and Hot Dog and Potato Soup was going to be the big meal. SMF was there for support,including a Gift Certificate to get something for the kids and another member showed up at my door with Gifts, Food and a Christmas Tree! I am grateful to SMF for saving Christmas that year.
When times are tough, know their is Support close at hand. Wounds heal, broken Hearts mend and better days are ahead...JJ
Yeah, life gets tough, and change inevitable. You be diligent about what’s best for your family, and the rest will work itself out. There is no future in fretting, no problems only solutions.

Glad to have you on board here. Its a heck of a nice spot to stop off and relax, pick up supper ideas or just enjoy company. This is probably the best Forum on the planet as far as knowledge that’s willingly given, and just decent folks. Wishing you and your’s all the best. Keep that smoke thin and blue but always rolling.
Jed , you can handle it, whatever is going on . It is tough and it is hard , but you will and can find the way to get past or through this.
But the words you have said here and all the other words from everyone else, just goes to show this is one big family , some times we agree some times we don't. But we all get along and if someone needs a shoulder or a hand , you just know someone here will step up and have that ear, hand or shoulder.

Like Jim JLeonard JLeonard said ( some of the best friends I've never laid eyes on ) across the street , a different county or even a different country, this is 1 big family
that is here for you in one way or another
David
Not cheesy at all. I hope things get better for you soon. In the meantime we are all here. It’s been an insane year plus and having friends here to chat with and share a common passion helps many of us.
Yep, me too.
Gary
For a lot of life's problems, and God knows there's a lot of them these days, there is absolutely nothing a person can do but try to carry on. All you can do is try your best to look after your family and friends.
And remember-----SMF and members are always here for you.
Gary
The best friends I've never met are on this board. They are great people and as you can see a major support group. If we can help in any way please let us know, we will do what we can. From prayers to Christmas for a family. This is an incredible group of people, we are here for you.

I appreciate the support, all will be well. Besides this forum, I don’t do any social media. Nothing that won’t be handled, just……life. Good church and friends, but the relative anonymity here and positive forum let’s me feel a bit more open than I would be otherwise. I guess I wanted to let people know I appreciate it, smoked cheddar and all. Feeling for ofelles (don’t know how to link to his profile) He, and others, have a much worse burden. The feeling is mutual, happy to help anyone here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky