• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you

four20

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 21, 2016
I have not been active lately due to work, and some nasty migraine headaches. So it seems fitting that I restart my activity here with this simple message.

Thank you to those in law enforcement and first responders. You men and women have a thankless job. You work tireless hours for very little more pay than burger flippers. I am personally ashamed of some of the actions, and words members of society worldwide have lately adopted. I do not blame you for walking away from your duties. 

I am asking members of SMF to help us recognize all these peoples hard work and dedication. On August 13th 2016 I propose that we cook for those who put their lives on the line to protect our way of life. If you cant cook but for one that you know, please do so. 

I will be co-coordinating with local leaders and restaurants in my area to make this happen in my county. I ask that you do the same. 

Thank you.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Very nice gesture...JJ

redrocker65200

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 15, 2015
As a 911 operator and police dispatcher I appreciate your kind words. I am sure the local law enforcement will appreciate your gesture. It is a tough time to be in this line of work. Everyday i walk out to my car after shift i look around to see who is waiting. I am not a cop, but we have had other pd's get their dispatch centers shot at because we are "one of them". Scary stuff

smokesontuesday

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 25, 2014
As a 911 operator and police dispatcher I appreciate your kind words. I am sure the local law enforcement will appreciate your gesture. It is a tough time to be in this line of work. Everyday i walk out to my car after shift i look around to see who is waiting. I am not a cop, but we have had other pd's get their dispatch centers shot at because we are "one of them". Scary stuff
Good to have another radio voice on the boards. How long have you been a dispatcher?

redrocker65200

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 15, 2015

Good to have another radio voice on the boards. How long have you been a dispatcher?
Been doing it for about 14 years now.  Got a late jump as I was in the financial field for a bit.  It is a good job, but can be a bit stressful as you know.  Where do you dispatch out of?  I am in a small city just outside San Francisco.  Solo most of the time, so if it gets crazy, nobody else but me to handle it.  

smokesontuesday

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 25, 2014
Small town near Tulsa, OK. We've got 4-5 dispatchers on duty but I'm in the only fire dispatcher on. When it gets nuts it gets nuts but it's pretty chill most of the time.

Working on year 15 and I've done EMS, Fire, and PD over the years. Even did a year as a supervisor before the burned me out.

redrocker65200

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 15, 2015

Small town near Tulsa, OK. We've got 4-5 dispatchers on duty but I'm in the only fire dispatcher on. When it gets nuts it gets nuts but it's pretty chill most of the time.

Working on year 15 and I've done EMS, Fire, and PD over the years. Even did a year as a supervisor before the burned me out.
Yea, sounds like me.  Our county does the fire/ems, so I just do the law side.  Handle the business phone, 911 lines, radio and alarm lines.  So it can get a bit crazy.  

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.