Thai sweet and spicy sticks recipe tweak advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keahunter

Original poster
Aug 5, 2022
Hello! I made some sticks using a recipe that i found and they came out really good. I want to tweak the recipe in the next version to include soy sauce (for more thai flavors). I am concerned with the salt content, however. How much would you lower the salt (and water) to account for the salt in the soy sauce?

1675186742556.png

Reactions: slavikborisov
following.. As i wondered the same thing with a jerkey recipe i was doing that involved 10g/kg salt but it has a volumetric measurement of soy and Worcestershire sauce 1 cup of soy 1/2 cup of W sauce for 12lb of meat. it turned out great but id still like to see some method to the madness calculation for reduction due to sodium in salt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky