Thai Satay Chicken Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KrisUpInSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 1, 2018
Western Pennsylvania
Thin strips of chicken beast marinated in Thai flavors and grilled with peach wood smoke.

We wanted have some fun with our food and got a little carried away with this mash-up...
Thai Satay Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Mexican Street Corn
Stuffed Zucchini

Some of the marinade and Peanut Sauce ingredients.
P_20180629_143709_BF.jpg

Letting them get some extra smoke before the fast cooking finish, being careful not to create chicken jerky. Peach wood was a good choice. It gave a nice smoke that didn't compete with the many Thai flavors.
IMG_20180629_191348.jpg

Stuffed zucchini with bacon, crisped ham, garlic, sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, lemon goat cheese, bread crumbs...
IMG_20180629_191356.jpg

... which were great and really took on the smoke, but definitely will not be served with Thai Satay going forward...lol...
IMG_20180629_193550.jpg

The same goes for the Mexican Street Corn with mayo, chili powder, lime juice, and cotija cheese (which tastes like feta and parmesan cheese mixed together, so I'll mix them rather than pay extra for cotija next time)... delicious, but the sweetness and the cheese in particular kept it from going with the Thai.
IMG_20180629_194253.jpg

Thai Satay Chicken, served on grilled pita bread, with Peanut Sauce, sesame seeds, parsley (replaced cilantro), chopped peanuts and lime juice.
IMG_20180630_125835_1.jpg

I would definitely make this chicken again. It's a fun way to change up flavors.

Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited:
Looks great to me but I like cilantro better than parsley lol

Thank you, guys.

Looks great to me but I like cilantro better than parsley lol

I would go with cilantro too, but.....Did you know that to some people cilantro tastes like stink bugs? Lol. My sister is one of those people. It just tastes really strongly awful to her. She loves foods that usually have cilantro, but without the cilantro, so I switched it out with parsley so she could enjoy it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky