Thai Beef Salad (Yum Nua)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I love Thai food. When ever I have left over steak I make this. I did an extra chuck eye steak just for this. The dressing is what makes this so good!

Dressing:

1 clove garlic, minced
2 Thai chiles diced, I used half a serrano pepper
2 tablespoons very thinly sliced lemongrass I was out so left it out. You can freeze lemon grass. Need to remember next time I make a road trip to Asian store.
1 1⁄2 teaspoons palm sugar, I used Truvia Sweet Complete Brown Calorie-Free Sweetener. Man that stuff good.
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Crush garlic and chile pepper in mortor. If you don't have one you can use side of a knife to make a paste. Add rest and stir. Set a side.

Make salad. I did not measure but this what I put into it.

Romaine Lettuce
Cucumbers
Cherry Tomatoes
Red Onion thinly sliced
Cilantro with stems
Green Onion

Cut beef thin on a bias and microwave 30 secs. Put into a bowl with salad and pour dressing over it. Give it a good mix and pour on plate. I licked the plate clean it was so good

thai.jpg

Last edited:
I love Thai food. When ever I have left over steak I make this. I did an extra chuck eye steak just for this. The dressing is what makes this so good!

Dressing:

1 clove garlic, minced
2 Thai chiles diced, I used half a serrano pepper
2 tablespoons very thinly sliced lemongrass I was out so left it out. You can freeze lemon grass. Need to remember next time I make a road trip to Asian store.
1 1⁄2 teaspoons palm sugar, I used Truvia Sweet Complete Brown Calorie-Free Sweetener. Man that stuff good.
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Crush garlic and chile pepper in mortor. If you don't have one you can use side of a knife to make a paste. Add rest and stir. Set a side.

Make salad. I did not measure but this what I put into it.

Romaine Lettuce
Cucumbers
Cherry Tomatoes
Red Onion thinly sliced
Cilantro with stems
Green Onion

Cut beef thin on a bias and microwave 30 secs. Put into a bowl with salad and pour dressing over it. Give it a good mix and pour on plate. I licked the plate clean it was so good

View attachment 656457
Sounds like a quick and tasty meal Brian! I'm bookmarking this.

You know we love our salads around here and that looks amazing buddy. Very nice and there's a good chance I'll be stealing this one :emoji_laughing:

Robert

One of my favorite dishes, this looks great.

That's a fantastic looking salad, Brian! I I love Thai flavors, but have to keep the heat down for the grands. Nice work...

This sounds really simple but the flavor of that dressing is really good.

Sounds like a quick and tasty meal Brian! I'm bookmarking this.
Thanks Steve
BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma
Looks great! I have a recipe for Thai basil beef posted somewhere. Great for leftover ground .
Thanks Dave
Looks like a great and healthy meal! Great work, thank you for sharing!
Thanks Jed
You know we love our salads around here and that looks amazing buddy. Very nice and there's a good chance I'll be stealing this one :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert. It pretty tasty
Brian , you're rockin' out some great meals bud . Nice work .
Thanks Rich
That looks great! Bookmarked to try that dressing.
Thanks Jeff. It is worth a try
One of my favorite dishes, this looks great.
Thanks Loyd. Good stuff for sure.
That's a fantastic looking salad, Brian! I I love Thai flavors, but have to keep the heat down for the grands. Nice work...
Thanks Charles. My Mom never could understand how us kids got to love spicy. Black pepper was hot for her.

Nice cook Brian, and a good way to use up some leftovers.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky