Text from my Neighbor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of my neighbors saw my pellet grill startup and called to check on me. I've seen a couple of smokes I've wondered about too.

I had a neighbor (who has since moved) who would call the fire department. The first time I came out and said I was bbqing, The second time the fireman asked if I was bbqing again. At that point I think she was warned she would be cited for calling in a false alarm. She would complain in person. Have had 2 others complain once over the years too. Too bad, not gonna share if they complain.

Reactions: Torc
The objective is "thin blue smoke"?

The first diesel truck rally I attended resulted in a fire department call for the black smoke produced from the trucks on the dyno.
The 2 police calls were from exhibition runs on the road. He burned off the rear tires in those 2 runs , uh calls.

I had an upstairs apt. neighbor complain to management every time I fired my MES. The Manager said she would handle it and come over and pound on the door to give me what for!
She then came in we laughed about my neighbor and the Manager gave me an update on her Meat Smoking Husband's last Competition wins! I had permission to run my smoker so we played the Game until I got out of there.
Smoke Haters exist but no one knows why!...JJ☺

Reactions: 912smoker
I have some very new neighbors who have questioned, not complained, about what I was doing at 3-4 in the morning and all the smoke. I gave them some of my pastrami last week and they loved it. Maybe an invitation to try something off of the smoker would silence some of them.

Reactions: PPG1
Oh, we are quite friendly - he was mostly joking but somewhat making sure my house wasn't actually on fire. It was just a funny text to get. I had just lit the smoker so I wasn't rolling TBS yet, but was rolling a lot of thick white smoke. We are planning a cookout with a few neighbors soon :)

My annoying neighbor was a hard core vegetarian so sharing wouldn't work. Her husband wasn't but she wore the pants and he wore the pantyhose. The new neighbors much better and have shared by bacon. He has a Weber kettle but is pretty basic with it.

Nice! I get texts from mine when he smells the smoker or grill fire up. Wind always blows in his direction. Always asks what time dinner is lol

Reactions: PPG1
No issues here, neighbors are always invited!
My problem is not enough room - a couple always want to bring stuff to throw in the smoker!!

No issues here, neighbors are always invited!
My problem is not enough room - a couple always want to bring stuff to throw in the smoker!!
To me that just sounds like a great justification to upgrade to a bigger smoker!

Reactions: RudyF6
Was smoking a turkey in my garage one Thanksgiving a few years back (was snowing outside). Got a text from my neighbor "I'm looking at you garage and was wondering if I should A. Call the fire dept. B. Call Tommy Chong. C. Grab my bib and come over."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky