Texas Transpant from the Midwest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mhuffman76

Original poster
Oct 18, 2022
Greetings fellow meat smokers - I live in Kerrville Texas and work for The HE Butt Foundation - specifically I am the Executive Chef for Laity Lodge Family Camp. We serve primarily families from Texas and surrounding states on weekends geared towards creating space for families to reconnect with each other. We currently utilize offset smokers as well as my new found love Traegers. For you purist - we started using Traegers because we were under a burn ban for most of 2022 and literally were not allowed to use our offset smokers unless I parked an employee at the smoker at all times with a fire extinguisher. We typically smoke briskets, pork shoulders, turkey breasts and ribs.

Welcome to the forum! This is a no judgement zone for smokers.. lots of variety here including offsets, pellet smokers, gas, electric, you name it.

Some of us have multiple smoker syndrome😬

Welcome to the forums. Lots of different modes of smoking is used by the members here. Look forward to your posts.
Jim

We currently utilize offset smokers as well as my new found love Traegers. For you purist - we started using Traegers because we were under a burn ban for most of 2022 and literally were not allowed to use our offset smokers unless I parked an employee at the smoker at all times with a fire extinguisher.
Welcome, welcome... and yes -- the "burn ban" this year was harsh... but rather that, than having to bug out in the middle of an out-of-control brush fire! So, I feel ya!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky