Texas BBQ on the other border

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry. I just thought learning Texas style BBQ was taking hold of Northern Border might be of interest. Was to me.

I didn't mean that to come off as negative. That was an honest question. Is Texas style bbq not something currently available in the NE? I'm not from there so I don't know :-)

Why did you find it interesting ? Is bbq something not available in the NE?

Apparently not common way up North. Hope the continue to grow.

Thanks DW. I hadn't heard of this place. It's in a small remote town surrounded by smaller remote towns about 40 miles from where I live. If they can attract the folks that ski at Jay Peak they should do well. Allot of the local folks in the area are dairy farmers and maple syrup producers so they'll have to keep their prices reasonable to keep them coming.

Fivetricks BBQ isn't readily available around here. I think we have one true sit-down place, and a couple of trailers. Prices are high and most of the grub isn't all that good. So this is a welcome addition. They're about an hour and a half drive from Burlington(largest city) so I don't think to many of them will make the trip. Unless they're skiing or leave peeping as Chopsaw mentioned.

I'll definitely give it a try once mud season is over and the frost heaves have retracted.
Chris

Reactions: fivetricks
Huh. Good to know. We have lots of bbq where I'm from, but it's all crap.

I guess I sort of figured the penetration of bbq joints was somewhat similar throughout the country. Or at least the parts not in the South anyways.

Good to know!

Reactions: gmc2003
One of our fellow members has been doing this for a few years now, about an hour south of the Canadian border. He won best BBQ in WA state in Food & Wine magazine a year or two ago. I can personally attest that it is indeed, great BBQ.

Jeff's Texas Style BBQ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky