testing captions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
OK, halfsmoked and tropics here it goes. It seems like yesterday when everything was green.
20190606_151349_resized.jpg

JUST A PIC OF A RAINBOW

20190423_185038.jpg

THE HAM I SMOKED A WHILE BACK, BEARCARVER STYLE. .
20190925_141008_resized (1).jpg

RAMAGEN BRIDGE GERMANY MARCH 1945, MY FATHERS UNIT WAS THERE GAURDING IT A FEW DAYS
43691718_401 (1).jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING, LET ME KNOW IF THIS POST DIDN'T COME OUT RIGHT.

Attachments

• Bundesarchiv_Bild_173-0422,_Remagen,_beschädigte_Brücke (1).jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_173-0422,_Remagen,_beschädigte_Brücke (1).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13
Great Pics Jim!!
Yup I liked that movie too, but I didn't know which one your Dad was. :emoji_wink:
Not too many old War movies I haven't seen.
Kelly's Heroes is one of my favorites too, but "Sgt York" is my All Time Favorite.

Bear

Great Pics Jim!!
Yup I liked that movie too, but I didn't know which one your Dad was. :emoji_wink:
Not too many old War movies I haven't seen.
Kelly's Heroes is one of my favorites too, but "Sgt York" is my All Time Favorite.

Bear
funny you should say that bear, years ago when I lived at home I was watching that movie and my father mentioned that he was at that bridge ( I think it was the first time he ever mentioned the war) any way I asked him if he was in the movie he said they must of cut his part out because he wouldn't keep his head up long enough. wish I asked him more questions about the war back then but it's something he really never talked about. he's now 94 and will talk about it but his memories of details have pretty much faded. I have done some research on his regiment and company and that's how I found it was march 16-23rd 1945 that he was at the ramagen bridge before they crossed the rhine.

funny you should say that bear, years ago when I lived at home I was watching that movie and my father mentioned that he was at that bridge ( I think it was the first time he ever mentioned the war) any way I asked him if he was in the movie he said they must of cut his part out because he wouldn't keep his head up long enough. wish I asked him more questions about the war back then but it's something he really never talked about. he's now 94 and will talk about it but his memories of details have pretty much faded. I have done some research on his regiment and company and that's how I found it was march 16-23rd 1945 that he was at the ramagen bridge before they crossed the rhine.

Sometimes better too many questions not be asked.
Stirs up dreams! Had one about a week ago---Woke up on the Floor with my left ear bleeding (from hitting the night stand).
And Mrs Bear Yelling at me!

Bear

Last edited:
got to say Kelly's hero's is one of my favorites behind saving private ryan
Yeah, I liked Kelly's Hero's. Also liked Bridge Over the River Kwai. I also like some of the not so old movies like Full Metal Jacket and Bat 21.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokerjim
Yea, I liked Kelly's Hero's. Also liked Bridge Over the River Kwai. I also like some of the not so old movies like Full Metal Jacket and Bat 21.
yeah I forgot about full metal jacket (great movie) I don't think I ever saw bat 21 will have to check it out.

Reactions: BuckeyeSteve
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky