Teriyaki Sticks! done

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
I made up a 10# batch of Teriyaki sticks from a recipe that Nepas was kind enough to share with me!!  Here they are stuffed and in the smoker for an hour to dry.

f1b0d4db_005.jpg

Lit up my brand new pellet smoker!!

b1a289bf_006.jpg

And we are off to a pretty good start!  Stay tuned!!

Oh Yeah!!!!

Slide over a bit, Al !!!

popcorn.gif

cheers.gif

Some Teriyaki Sticks would go real good with our Beer & popcorn!!!

Bear

Last edited:
Here they are finished up.  I do think they are a little greesy, I made them according to the recipe which was 8lbs lean beef, 1lb beef fat, 1lb pork fat.  I think the "lean Beef" was way too high in fat content.

04bdb6c4_001.jpg

0e190eb1_002.jpg

I smoked these with hickory as for 5 hours.  They taste great just a little fatty for the wife!  Thanks for looking!!

Looks Awesome Bomber!!!!

If that was store bought 80/20 ground beef, sometimes I wonder how they measure that.

I have bought 80/20 that didn't flame up at all on my grill, and then got 90/10 that flamed up so bad, I had to keep them moving the whole time!!

Go figure!

Bear

Looks Awesome Bomber!!!!

If that was store bought 80/20 ground beef, sometimes I wonder how they measure that.

I have bought 80/20 that didn't flame up at all on my grill, and then got 90/10 that flamed up so bad, I had to keep them moving the whole time!!

Go figure!

Bear
Thanks Bear!  I agree you never know how much fat they toss in there!!!

They look GREAT!

I like a little fat, so I add the extra Pork Fat, but not beef fat

How'd your new Pellet burner work?

Todd

Last edited:
They look GREAT!

I like a little fat, so i add the extra Pork Fat, but not beef fat

Todd
Thanks Todd!!  I just followed the recipe but like I said I think the beef had a bit too much fat for lean beef.  I left them out over night and then cut them to length and put in a big bowl in the fridge for the day.  they seemed to dry out a bit more and even have a snap to the casings!!!  They are incredible now!!!!  I was a little worried at first they were kind of mushy with fat but after drying out a bit more they are GREAT|!!!!!!

edit:  The new pellet burner worked awesome!!  Just a perfect, steady smoke all day long.  Unreal product, Thanks again for the great deal!!!! 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky