Tennessee Gathering April 30-May 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1618410273711.png
1618410273711.png

Reactions: TNJAKE
Robert, I’ll trade you a mason jar of moonshine for one of those Cubans!

You got yourself a deal!!

My odds of sleeping/dieing in my yard seem to be increasing

At least I'll be in good company. Somebody might have a free one-way ticket to Austin after this one. That would be my return ticket being that I might meet my demise in Tennessee....self induced of course :emoji_laughing:

Hold my beer

Yes sir!! The famous last words of a redneck :emoji_laughing:

Now that's friendly indeed!

That tends to be my nature but you didn't answer my original question :emoji_wink: Will you be there for Friday dinner?

I have a jar of "moonshine" made by Tim Smith who is the main attraction on the show Moonshiners. Apparently he's gone legal now but this is supposedly the same stuff. I can bring that also if needed.

Still waiting to hear if John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) ans Johnny ( Johnny Ray Johnny Ray ) are gonna be able to attend. They are both pretty close.

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE and JLeonard
I’ll be down Friday afternoon / evening so I can meet everyone. I have commitments for Saturday so I can’t stay for the weekend.
Is the address posted somewhere?

Reactions: JLeonard
I’ll be down Friday afternoon / evening so I can meet everyone.

Fantastic!! Can't wait to see you again my friend. i'll be sure to include steaks for your enjoyment. On that note, have you had a chance to cook that porterhouse you left here with? Kinda interested to hear your feedback on it. Of course cooking it over a fire at a camp site is gonna make it 10x better!!

I shall know more by the week of the event.

Understand the complications. I'll be sending the package to Jake on Monday the 26th which will include the steaks for dinner Friday. If there's any way possible to let us know by then it'd be great. If not, I'm sure they can shoot from the hip to see that you don't go hungry :emoji_laughing:

Robert

So far, I’m thinking about bringing some paper thin smoked roast beef(injected with Old Fat Guy injection and a SPOG Rub),horseradish, Duke’s Mayo, Kewpie Mayo, and some Rye bread. Also a big mess of homemade pasta salad with black olives, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, tomato, and cucumber for Sat lunch, or whenever.
‘Dave

So far, I’m thinking about bringing some paper thin smoked roast beef(injected with Old Fat Guy injection and a SPOG Rub),horseradish, Duke’s Mayo, Kewpie Mayo, and some Rye bread. Also a big mess of homemade pasta salad with black olives, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, tomato, and cucumber for Sat lunch, or whenever.
‘Dave
Got it noted thanks

Fantastic!! Can't wait to see you again my friend. i'll be sure to include steaks for your enjoyment. On that note, have you had a chance to cook that porterhouse you left here with? Kinda interested to hear your feedback on it. Of course cooking it over a fire at a camp site is gonna make it 10x better.

Robert
Looking forward to hanging out with you again and all of the friends to be made.
I did cook the porterhouse while we were in Terlingua, TX. Couldn’t cook it over live fire due to a burn ban being in effect. Ended up cooking it on my Weber Q. The steak was wonderful. Nice and tender.
I plan to post about our trip but I’m having a few nagging health issues I’m dealing with.

See you soon!
Johnny

Reactions: PapaLlama
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky